Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remedy for Cold Feet

Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Default Remedy for Cold Feet

Guys my feet get cold really fast when I am hunting and it is unbearable? What are some things I should try? I have tried thick socks, nylon moisture wicking socks, heavy insulated boots and still no luck. Help please.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remedy for Cold Feet

toe warmers with the moisture wicking socks and a pair or 2 of wool socks.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything you are doing should work. It might be that your feet are sweating on the walk to the stand and then cold when stationary. Might want to try changing into fresh socks when you arrive at your stand. Also might want to try layers of looser fitting socks.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Spray your feet with anti-perspirant deodorant before you put your socks on. Wet sweaty feet = cold feet
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Get a pair of these:http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1

Carry them in with you and put them on while on stand. You can squeeze them down and put them in a backpack for ease of carry. You can wear pretty light boots to walk in.. Also remember that your extremities get cold first when your body starts gettng cold.

I use the heat packs for sore necks that you get at cvs. They work ten times better than those little hand qarmers. You can place the one for your neck on yoir lower back and it keeps the lower back and kidney area warm.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

All I knoew is to never wear anything cotton next to your body. I have the same problem, And I have tried everything. Your feet are probably like mine, just have poor circulation
Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

NO COTTON OR COTTON BLENDS!

Moisture wicking liner sock.

One pair of expedition weight wool sock. The higher the % of woolthe better. Wool is the only material that will continue to insulate when it gets wet.

Insulated boots.

Boots MUST NOT be too tight. If you boots are too tight you cut off circulation to your feet and no matter what you do you will always have cold feet.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Antiperspirant on the feet combined with wool socks, that's as warm as you're going to get.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

What type of boots do you have? The right boots make a huge difference. I have Irish Setter with gortex and 800gr of insulation. I also use toe warmers with two pair of wool socks and never get cold. This setup works great - even at 10,000 ft in the Rockies.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

FRESH socks!!! Even with my 1200 gram rubber boots if my feet sweatthey get cold!

Quick Reply: Remedy for Cold Feet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.