Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remedy for Cold Feet

Old 11-29-2008, 07:55 AM

Default RE: Remedy for Cold Feet

I hunt in Wisconsin and last week it got down to -5 and i stayed in my stand all day. Feet will never be warm but they can be bearable to last all day. I have sweaty feet and the one thing i make sure of is that i start the day with dry boots(check every night after a day on stand) then i wear liner socks with a toe warmer on top (i found that one on the bottom makes my feet sweat more) and then a wool or thermal sock over that. I wear 1200 thinsulate rubber boots. Insulated Boot covers work good, otherwise i just bring a sleeping bag to cover my lower half. The cold steel from the stand under your feet sucks the warmth out of your feet as well, so if you can get some sort of insulation between your feet and the stand helps tremendously (Insulated boot covers or sleeping bag do this). I also change out my foot warmers half way through the day. I hope this helps... everyone's feet are different, you just have to find out what works best for you.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Everything that everyone stated above. Look into ArticShield boot covers as well. Put them on when you arrive at your stand. If it gets too cold I throw a hand warmer two in them.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

foot warmers or hand warmers inbetween 2 layers of socks.....IT WORKS