Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

any good public hunitn in ky

Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Default any good public hunitn in ky

anybody no where there is good hunting land in ky im from pa and thinking about heading to ky next season and wanna do some looking around
Old 11-28-2008, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: any good public hunitn in ky

well i was in burkesville Ky by dale hollow just south of Glasgow and bowling green. There was some good land there. My first year i was in Corbin Ky which is on the east side near Danial Boone national forest
http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/ http://www.dalehollow-lake.net/
There is Kentucky land between the lakes. Over on the west side. I have been told of great hunting there. Or you could come up here to Sullivan Indiana and hunt minniehaha with me. Sullivan Indiana 47882. Just watch you do not trespass those hillbillies are not to open to trespassers.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

I'm from Ohio and we go hunting in Kentuck ever year on public land I will have to get back to with the name. But if you are going to hunt in Kentucky you will need to know if you are alwoed to take a doe. In most counties you are only to take bucks. We seem to do good everyother year. But were we hunt you are only alowed to take bucks. Whitch greatly decreases the chances of you killing one you seed does all day but bucks are hared to come by. If you want to hunt and are not from Ohio I would say come here. In Ohio you cane kill eather And I know the the deers are the bigger. We are quickly working are way to the top of the list for the biigest deer. So I would try Ohio instead. But I will get back to you with the name of the public land and how to get there soon.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya ky deer are small atleast where i was nothing compared to the indiana corn feed deer
ORIGINAL: lookingforthebigone

I'm from Ohio and we go hunting in Kentuck ever year on public land I will have to get back to with the name. But if you are going to hunt in Kentucky you will need to know if you are alwoed to take a doe. In most counties you are only to take bucks. We seem to do good everyother year. But were we hunt you are only alowed to take bucks. Whitch greatly decreases the chances of you killing one you seed does all day but bucks are hared to come by. If you want to hunt and are not from Ohio I would say come here. In Ohio you cane kill eather And I know the the deers are the bigger. We are quickly working are way to the top of the list for the biigest deer. So I would try Ohio instead. But I will get back to you with the name of the public land and how to get there soon.