Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would this work.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Would this work.

OK since i am buying dads truck on payments he does not want me sitting it on the side of the road when i hunt.at least until i get my insurance switched form the state min. To full coverage which will be Feb 1ST when i get my student loan. It will go from 75 a month to 183 a month and i just do not have the money. Which means my hunting season is all but over
I thought about hitting the 2 dozen or so clover sorghum cut corn fields on the public land. Glassing them with my binos and seeing if i can find some deer then stalking in the wood edge of the field and trying to get a deer that way with my shotgun.
Would this really work. I am not talking road hunting just hitting field to field until i find some deer then stalking in to range.

He told me he was OK with that as long as i did not leave the truck all day
Old 11-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Default RE: Would this work.

your dads a dick
Old 11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Why doesn't your dad just give you the truck ? I really don't think it will hurt parking the truck on the side of the road if you pull off to the side as far as you can . I have bought all my kids cars, I really don't see anything wrong with it as long as you show him how much you appreciate it. I also pay their insurance and there gas.And my kids appreciate everything i do for them. Don't get me wrong every parent has there way of raising there kid but that's the way i do it .
Old 11-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

not really figuring he has 12000 in the truck and i have gave him 1885 bucks on it. If it had full coverage he would not care. But if something happens he is out 12000 and i am out 2000 and a truck. Were talking 2007 chevy 1/2 ton not some old ford.
ORIGINAL: pkarp23

your dads a dick
Old 11-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

HE is not giving me the truck. I am paying him what he paid for it. 11600. He is paying my insurance now but it will not have full coverage on it till Feb when i can pay it and transfer the plates. HE still owes money on it so i can not get full coverage until Feb when i give him 4000 from my student loan so he can pay it off and i can transfer it. I do not really want it sitting on the side of the road without full coverage. You would be surprised how many parked cars get hit around here. And not to even think about all the thefts going on.
Hew was nice enough to let me use it around town when i still owe him 1000k on it and i have liability only
ORIGINAL: arrow2512

Why doesn't your dad just give you the truck ? I really don't think it will hurt parking the truck on the side of the road if you pull off to the side as far as you can . I have bought all my kids cars, I really don't see anything wrong with it as long as you show him how much you appreciate it. I also pay their insurance and there gas.And my kids appreciate everything i do for them. Don't get me wrong every parent has there way of raising there kid but that's the way i do it .
Old 11-27-2008, 07:46 PM

this topic was a stupied question... just plain stupied no other way to put it..

and i think driving the truck around is way more risky then leaving it on the side of the road, and if someone hits it their insurance should have to cover it anyways
Old 11-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

HE knows i appreciate it. My brother and sister was not to Happy my sis drives a old caddy around she bought buy here pay here. After he helped he get three cars none of which she paid off so they got repoed.
I had a truck i got from a buy here pay here. The title was bad and the guy had to give me my cash back. I had two choices go to another lot get junk truck and hunt. Or give him 2000k now 4000 when i get my loan in feb. 300 month till i pay it off. I told him i would give him 500 though so i could get it paid off.
Heck he bought me a 5000 dollar boat for all the work i did on the house. so i will loss some hunting time for the new truck. If it was 4x4 i could drive it off down the trail i park by but i do not think i will get out with out 4 wheel drive.
ORIGINAL: arrow2512

Old 11-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya if they have insurance and left there number on a empty truck sitting on the side of the road.
ORIGINAL: pkarp23

this topic was a stupied question... just plain stupied no other way to put it..

and i think driving the truck around is way more risky then leaving it on the side of the road, and if someone hits it their insurance should have to cover it anyways
Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your dad owes money on it, shouldn't HE have full coverage on it? All banks/lienholders require it. BTW, state minimum liability limits is a good way to lose your ass if you get in an accident. Pay the extra and get decent limits.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

HE still owes money on it
If your dad owes money on it, shouldn't HE have full coverage on it? All banks/lienholders require it.
That whatI was going to say. If your dad owesmoney on the truck to a bank or other finance companythe lender always requires full coverage on the vehicle. Also if you are living in the house and are licensed to drive the insurance companies require you to be listed on the policy as well.

So, I don't really see what the problem would be with you going hunting.

Quick Reply: Would this work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.