Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

chew?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Default chew?

does any one chew while they hunt? cuz though some may fear that the deer smell it i do it eevery time its kinda hard not to sincei chew a tin a day. and i killed deer with a chaw in b4. and for alll you dippers wats your favorite chew? mines grizzly straight baby!!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Default RE: chew?

My uncle pours a cup of coffee, splashing some on the trail and nearby trees/bushes,and lights a cigarette every time he goes hunting, hoping they DO smell it. I don't know about the cigarette, but they seem to like the coffee.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:59 PM

so wats everyones favorite dip?

Old 11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't dip, and dipping in the stand definitely doesn't hurt while your hunting! Just recently I killed an 8 point about 25 yards away from my stand... we literally just put up the stand 3 hours before I killed that joker and my buddy was spitting his dip all over my stand. I was completely shocked that the deer wasn't bothered by it.

As for the favorites, most the people who dip that I know do Grizzly Wintergreen, or Skoal.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

The kind that makes my lip rot off with cancer, oh wait that's every kind Seriously, I used to chew skoal while I was in the Army but I saw what that chit does to people's lips, gums and throat, not good.....
Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Copenhagen Snuff every time I hunt.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I chew Grizzly Winter Green. I have never had a problem shooting deer with a chew in. In fact, I've had does sniff chew at the base of my stand. Thats just my experience. Not saying its wrong or right.!!
Good post.

Brian
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM

cope snuff, ever forget to put one in before you start cleaning your deer?
Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Redman wintergreen, they just started making dip and for 2 bucks a can can't beat it
Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Spike

i now chew Grizzly wintergreen ever since Kodiak got outrageous with their pricing!! I too have never had a problem shooting deer with a chew in. However, I do not know if it has hindered other hunts. Cash Money, yes I have forgot a chew before cleaning deer and it sucked!

Quick Reply: chew?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.