Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER BEARD

Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DEER BEARD

Down here it can get into the 80s during the first part of the season, so I don't start the beard until the first frost. This year I waited until after Halloween because it didn't go with the costume. I keep it until the season ends. This year, that's Jan. 1.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

this is the first i've heard about a "deer beard"! my first year hunting too and so far empty handed. I just started growing a little patch under my lower lip, whatever it's called. I think I'll let it grow until I kill something.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

I always have a goatee so that isn't technically a "deer beard" and because I work in a law office i have to shave before work so it is really out of the question. Magicman's beard is a sight to behold though! That is a mountain man-esque right there!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

You gotta have something on your face, it's good luck!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Spike

Can't seem to get the hang of the whole beard thing but my uncle likes to suck coffee snotsicles off his mustache yummmm.
April
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Markymarc

We all keep our beards untill we get home, and the ladies tell us to shave cause we look like barbarians. LOL
aint that the truth. if i had my way id have a beard from oct 1 until jan 15, but the boss lady says no. it tickles her, and that means i dnt get to play until i shave.[:'(]so iv made it a kill thing. i grow til i kill, then shave and start over again. she still complains but at least i get a lil lovin during huntin season lol
Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Spike

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o425/jssblues/DSC01059.jpg

gotta grow the beard till the end of season
Old 12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can't grow one w/ my job... just long weekend stubble or week, whetever I have off of work...

Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Once the season starts I dont shave til I make a kill.... been 2 and a half weeks so far since the start of the season and no kill yet.... the ole lady is starting to give me hell, says she's gonna start a new trend during deer season too... says she's not gonna shave her legs til I get a kill so i can see how it feels to have to look at all that hair like i make her do.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

Once the season starts I dont shave til I make a kill.... been 2 and a half weeks so far since the start of the season and no kill yet.... the ole lady is starting to give me hell, says she's gonna start a new trend during deer season too... says she's not gonna shave her legs til I get a kill so i can see how it feels to have to look at all that hair like i make her do.
o thats classic. dnt worry tho. just tell her ok, once it gets past the stubble stage itl just help keep you warm lol

Quick Reply: DEER BEARD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.