Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

who runs dogs for deer

Old 11-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default who runs dogs for deer

just wodering how many of yall run dogs to chase deer? i personaly do and find it very fun
Old 11-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Default RE: who runs dogs for deer

I PUT COYTES DOWN & DIG A HOLE & PUT THEM IN IT WHEN PEOPLE LET THEM RUN ACROSS MY SET WHEN I'M HUNTING SO IF A PERSON WANT'S TO KEEP THEM THEY SHOULD KEEP UM @ HOME IN THERE YARD..........
Old 11-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter, violation of posting rule number 1.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

wow wow wow thats not how we do it at my club.weonly run during the middle of the day when the big boys and girls lay down and stay put,andweonly put them on our land they never run onto other property,unless we are using hounds (which we dont),we use beagles that way the deer is way ahead of the dogs. but i understand were you are coming from ive had that happen during turkey season chasing "foxes" they say. but all i am saying is please you should try it once its pretty fun hearing the dogs light up.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use to run dogs, for about 20 years or so. i slowly got out of dog hunting and started still hunting only. i find it much more rewarding still hunting than i ever did dog hunting.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Like any type of hunting, you'll have folks that do it right and respect other people's property and you'll have folks that are idiots. The first few reply posts are example of the idiots, but that doesn't make all dog hunters bad. On our club, we still hunt from Mid September through Thanksgiving day. The day after thanksgiving through January 1st we run dogs. It is very controlled and we stay on our property. When the dogs are "on something" and headed your way, you get the same rush as when a huge buck walks out when you're on a stand. It also allows you to be more social.

I still enjoy still hunting more, but hunting with dogs is a great time.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do every weekend of general gun season here in Florida. I'm a member of 2 doghunting clubs and i LOVE it. I would easily trade in stillhunting before i ever gave up doghunting. Here's two bucks we killed last weekend, the first 8pt i got and another buck a friend of mine killed below that,both taken in front of a pack of walker hounds.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've done it before, and I'd do it again if I stilled lived in a state where I could and knew some guys to go with... Never seen folks standing on the side of the road shooting anything that moved though... Don't know where that's legal.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dog hunted for close to 30 years and loved it. The main reason we stopped is that it was not possible to lease enough large blocks of land sowe didn't infringe on others. Now I sit in a dang tree like a bird.
Bryant, how far from Perry do ya'll hunt?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both those bucks were killed 15 miles southeast of Perry towards Steinhatchee in a club called Sandhill hunt club, but I am also in another doghunting club 8 miles west of Perry adjacent toUS 98. Both are doghunting clubs at their finest.

Quick Reply: who runs dogs for deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.