Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting over rated?

Old 11-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Spike

Default RE: Deer hunting over rated?

No way deer hunting is all about being in the right spot at the right time but all those hours put into it eventually pay off
Old 11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
nap

Sorry if this was a stupid post. I guess i was just really pissed when i put this up.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:00 PM

If all your about is killing the deer, then you shouldn't be hunting. The process is hunting not just the killing. Sometimes not seeing anything is the best thing that can happen it will make you a better, more patient hunter
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nope.
ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter10

No way deer hunting is all about being in the right spot at the right time but all those hours put into it eventually pay off
I agree.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Spike

hell yes it's overrated!!!!

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
gotcha, lol!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

No matter how much time you spend scouting or doing preseason preperation, it does not garuntee you anything, that's why they call it hunting. I went five years without killing a buck, partially my fault for passing so many up waiting for a giant. If you sit long enough it will happen, remember it's 90 percent luck. Practice good preperation and know your quarry. I hunt with a close friend of mine on about 70 acres and I rarely go a day with out seeing a deer, he on the other hand has gone about a week without seeing any. You have to muster up the patients to stay put, cause the second you climb down there will be a deer within 50 yards of you. Remeber the magic times are between 10 and 2, when most hunters get bored or cold and get down is usually around this time. DR. Deer has done the research and more than 50 percent of the record book bucks where killed in this window.