HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Do all deer feed at the same time? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/275285-do-all-deer-feed-same-time.html)

nybuckboy 11-24-2008 07:14 PM

Do all deer feed at the same time?

In a given area, is it safe to say, that all deer will feedon the same feed schedule?

coyote#68 11-24-2008 07:26 PM

RE: Do all deer feed at the same time?

No,deer can feed any time day or night.They prefer low light times but will feed in the middle of the day or night.

Primetime/IL 11-24-2008 08:34 PM

In a way...yes but there are factors to it.

Like temperature, the warmer it is the later deer move from bedding to feeding. In the extreme cold most deer stay bedded up and like to feed during middle of the day when it is warmer.

Also pressure can have an effect on feed patterns...the more pressure in the area the more likely the deer are going to want to move closer to or after dusk.

TurkeyStalker 11-25-2008 01:21 AM

Deer have to feed every 3-4 hours no matter what time it is. To say they all feed at the same time, i would say no.

Full Blown Rut 11-25-2008 07:19 AM

i think if they are in a pack they will

Henrythepeacock3 11-25-2008 07:23 AM

I saw 8 sunday in my honeyhole food plot at 1pm. Next morning sat out there from 5 45 to 11:15 saw one spike buck which winded me... Deer can be so random.

Peck1524 11-25-2008 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: TurkeyStalker

Deer have to feed every 3-4 hours no matter what time it is. To say they all feed at the same time, i would say no.
Whay he said. Deer need to feed at least every 4 hours.

nybuckboy 11-25-2008 08:16 AM

The reason I ask is I have not been seeing deer... even when I sit high up on the hilltop evenings or mornings and glass,I just am not seeing deer.

Jimmy S 11-25-2008 09:23 AM

This questions sounds as if deer are robots. Deer feed whenever the want, whereever they want. Each is an individual and require food multiple times a day. Some feed earlier that others, and bed down earlier or later. A small group od does will usually take the lead from the maternal one. When she feeds, they all feed. Other than that, all bets are off.

shplantation 11-25-2008 10:19 AM

Deer certainly don't all feed at the same time, but it is amazing how there is something going on that tends to make certain points in timewhen deer movement generally begins or ends. It can be dead quiet in the woods for hours, and then all of sudden you'll hear shots from other hunters in the area and see deer start moving around your stand. What in the world got all the deer to decide to move at that point in time? Who knows, but it happens that way almost every day if you're out there to watch it.