HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   morning or afternoon? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/275060-morning-afternoon.html)

[email protected] 11-23-2008 04:34 PM

morning or afternoon?

When do you think the best time to hunt is? I have had better luck at night butI was wondering if it was the same for others. letme knowwhat time you had the best luck.

JagMagMan 11-23-2008 04:42 PM

RE: morning or afternoon?

Afternoon!

Arrowmaster 11-23-2008 05:10 PM

Evening for me...

MO-KS_hunter 11-23-2008 05:21 PM

Either time is the good but I've killed a majority of my deerin the morning.

curth83 11-23-2008 05:40 PM

I see more deer in the morning, but I like the afternoon hunts more because I don't have to worry about waking up early.

2006HighSierra 11-23-2008 05:53 PM

I know in East TN its weather dependant. Early season archery I was barely seeing shadows moving around me before light and till about 9-10AM then about 6-dark. Currently with cold weather set in I usually see very little if any movement till around 9AM.

1shotkill1993 11-23-2008 06:05 PM

Well, for me it depends where I can hunt.

I only hunt feild in the afternoons. I feel like the deer mainly come to feilds in the afternoons to feed, not as much in the morning.

I ONLY hunt the woods in the morning. I love the feeling of catching a deer headed to its bedding place. Just makes me feel good. I will not hunt the woods in the afternoons because I have never seen a deer in the afternoon in the woods.

But overall my favorite time to hunt is in the afternoons for multiple reasons.
1. I don't have to get up early.
2 I have seen more deer in my hunting career in the afternoons
3. I would rather walk out in the dark, than walk in

Heres my deer killings

Afternoon:
3 deer killed
Morning:
4 deer killed (All bucks, never seen a doe in the morning.)

[email protected] 11-23-2008 06:28 PM

thanks for the reply! It is always fun to hear what time other hunters perfer to hunt. it also helps other that are starting to find out the best times.:D

StruttinGobbler3 11-23-2008 06:30 PM

In my opinion, mornings are the best time to kill a truly big buck. I've killed several bucks in morning and evening, but more of those kills were in the morning, and I've had more big buck sightings in the morning. JMO

ChicagoTRS 11-23-2008 11:25 PM

Depends on the spot...though I would much rather kill a deer in the morning so I have all day and light to field dress, cart the deer out, etc...