Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

State Record???

Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM

Default State Record???

Does anyone know what the state record doe is, in MA????
Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: State Record???

Yeah...it scored uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh zero.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:18 PM

funnyreply dude, you should be a comedian, im sure a lot of people will laugh at you....my uncle wacked a 191lbs doe anythink thats it????
Old 11-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idk. Ill search on google for you.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here this is what I found:
From this site: http://www.state.me.us/ifw/wildlife/species/deer/index.htm

Maine is home to one of the largest of the 30 recognized subspecies of white-tailed deer. After attaining maturity at age five, our bucks can reach record live weights of nearly 400 lbs. Most adult bucks, however will normally range from 200 to 300 lbs live weight, and will stand 36 to 40" at the shoulder. Does are considerably smaller; they normally weigh 120 to 175 lbs live weight. Newborn fawns begin life at 4 to 10 lbs, but grow to approximately 85 lbs live weight in their first 6 months of life.

I know it doesn't say what the record is, but I tried my best...[>:]
Old 11-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

How would anyone know? Does anyone keep track of something like that? I killed a pretty big doe and I estimated her weight to be 125 to 150 lbs on the hoof but I didn't officially weigh her. I guess if I killed a 300 lb doe I might weigh it but other than that [&:]
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

How would anyone know? Does anyone keep track of something like that? I killed a pretty big doe and I estimated her weight to be 125 to 150 lbs on the hoof but I didn't officially weigh her. I guess if I killed a 300 lb doe I might weigh it but other than that [&:]

we know b/c when we tag our game,they have toweigh her,and in MAa200lbsdoe is a giant...but you wouldent under standbeing fromKS where 200lbs does come offften.....
Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

we know b/c when we tag our game,they have toweigh her,and in MAa200lbsdoe is a giant...but you wouldent under standbeing fromKS where 200lbs does come offften.....
UR telling me that every deer that's killed is officially weighed in MA? That sounds like an incredible amount of wasted time. In MO we don't even have to go to a check station anymore, we can check it in by phone or by internet. Either the state of MA has a lot of money to burn thru and/or a lot of hunters to tick off or there aren't a lot of deer killed.[&:]
Old 11-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

funnyreply dude, you should be a comedian, im sure a lot of people will laugh at you....my uncle wacked a 191lbs doe anythink thats it????
I thought it was funny.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:54 AM

UR telling me that every deer that's killed is officially weighed in MA? That sounds like an incredible amount of wasted time. In MO we don't even have to go to a check station anymore, we can check it in by phone or by internet. Either the state of MA has a lot of money to burn thru and/or a lot of hunters to tick off or there aren't a lot of deer killed.[&:]
yeah, mass is the worst state for hunters, its all about makeing ithard for hunters to get lisens that some guys quit b/c its to much work, and in mass your lucky if you have maby 2 deer a month, come with in 40 yards of you while in stand....its awfull

Quick Reply: State Record???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.