Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 which do you like to hunt out of. >

which do you like to hunt out of.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which do you like to hunt out of.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: which do you like to hunt out of.

I put hang on's cause thats what i use the most. I do a lot of bowhunting and hang on's seem to be the way for me, I have about 30 of them. I also use ladders but mainly during gun season. And i like to use my climber in the late season(summit viper) to switch around on them to catch the off guard.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

either a ground blind or ladder stand
Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Spike

I hunt out of what we call Tree Condos in Mexico,Missouri I will really try to get you a picture there awesome its a self supported tree stand basically about 12ft in the air. But heres the awesome part they can hold about 3 people and they have swivel bar stools to see out all 4 sides and this is also awesome they have roofs and propane heaters! The deer seem to have no problem with them cause we keep knocking them off every year. I will ask my dad for a picture to scan tommorow and I'll put it up for you guys to see deer hunting Mex,Mo Style
Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

i liketo be on a fair playing ground with the deer on eye to eye level so i choose "ground blind"
Old 11-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Spike

Climber all the way. It gives you so many more options and you can change where you hunt in the drop of a hat.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My choice is to use a hang on stand for the convenience, but some areas I hunt have other hunters around.
So I opt for the climber, as not to alert other hunters when they scout. This,of course, is more time consuming, along with noisier.
I've killed two bucks this year, 1 from the hang on (6 pt. archery) and 1 from the climber (8 pt. muzzle).
I also did the same last year.
So being careful while deer hunting, understanding the woods you hunt, and of course some good old fashion luck can be rewarding in anything.
Christ, I had a spike almost run me over on the ground two weeks ago and he never saw me from 12 feet away! That's exciting...

Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i once hunted inside of a tree! it was hollawed out in the middles but tree still alive
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM

Climber or Hang-on but I like the mobility of a climber and they are more comfortable.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 PM

I just purchased a new Summit Titan Climing Tree Stand. It back packs easly very light weight andi love it.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

What stand I use depends on the situation. I like climbers but sometimes there arent any good trees to use, so then its the ladder or hangon.

Quick Reply: which do you like to hunt out of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.