Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt? >

How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How was your opening Wisconsin gun hunt?

It's all good cms....no worries here. I agree with keeping a watchful eye on people when it comes to good bucks around here as I've seen large antlers turn people into idiots. I love hunting far too much to ever think of breaking a game law and in effect making myself a hippocrite. I believe if you get a nice buck all things being square (legal) then CONGRATS! If you have to cheat at all even if it's one minute of shooting hours....you don't deserve it! As I stated in my original post, I hope that those of you out there that haven't been seeing much have better luck as the season goes on...good luck out there and be safe.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome!! 7:30 Saturday Morning

Old 11-29-2008, 06:07 PM

When I registered my buck (which is nearly a twin to the one tikka posted, wow I thought mine was a 1 in a million with the 1tine right side) there was a DNR guy there so I asked him how many deer were registered, he said "over 100 easy" the lady doing the registration immediately came over and counted her tally sheet off for me and she had officially checked in 47. Since they can't even count dead deer right, I highly doubt they even have a clue as to how to count live deer. The guys that hunt to our north got none, the guys to our south got none, and our 5 man hunting party got 1. The WI DNR has screwed up the deer population in my area for years to comewith their EAB system. It should have ended 2 years ago but they continued it for whatever reason. Most of the hunters in my area bought into the notion that there were too many does and they needed to be thinned, you read it just about everywhere that there are too many does and hunters need to shoot as many as they can. Well, we did and now we are reaping the "rewards"..... a deerless woods. After 8 days of hard hunting I saw7 deer. I sat opening day until 1:20 pm without seeing a deer. I hope changes are coming.