Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around? >

the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around?

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around?

THE HORNADY SST's!!!!
well i was sighting in my gun today with these badboys and i have never shot sst's before this out of my mossberg 500 12 ga. first shot im holding the gun pretty looose like i do shooting bird shot or something. well i shoot, hand flies back from recoil and i bust my lip. these slugs make shooting a chore! these things are the loudest,(my ears still ringing) hardest kicking, most accuarte, most destructive slugs i have ever used. and they are awesome. i hope i get me a dder with them tomorrow
go get some and good luck hunting
Old 11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around?

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

...these things are the loudest,(my ears still ringing)
I will offer you a friendly piece of advice that will benefit you greatly later in life. Always use ear plugs or muffs.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i usually do when shooting my shotgun but i didnt today but thanks for the advice
Old 11-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

THE HORNADY SST's!!!!
well i was sighting in my gun today with these badboys and i have never shot sst's before this out of my mossberg 500 12 ga. first shot im holding the gun pretty looose like i do shooting bird shot or something. well i shoot, hand flies back from recoil and i bust my lip. these slugs make shooting a chore! these things are the loudest,(my ears still ringing) hardest kicking, most accuarte, most destructive slugs i have ever used. and they are awesome. i hope i get me a dder with them tomorrow
I use 130 grain hornady SST's with my .270 and they are definately a destructive bullet. On both of the deer I shot this year, I had an exit wound nearly the size of my fist. I can only image what an SST slug will do [][][]. I'd be careful about shot placement because you could ruin quite a bit of meat with an errant shot to the shoulder or rear-quarter. Good luck tomorrow
Old 11-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

THE HORNADY SST's!!!!
I use 130 grain hornady SST's with my .270 and they are definately a destructive bullet. On both of the deer I shot this year, I had an exit wound nearly the size of my fist. I can only image what an SST slug will do [][][]. I'd be careful about shot placement because you could ruin quite a bit of meat with an errant shot to the shoulder or rear-quarter. Good luck tomorrow
thanks im going out tonight because my alaram didnt go off at 5 at i woke up at 7 when it was light out[:@] i will defidwentally go tonight and tomorrow morning and tonmorrow night
Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hit a doe yesterday at 45 yards, about 4 inches back form the front shoulder using Remington 1oz copper sabotsand the exit wound wasincredible. Tore up her insides big time. Just a matter of what shoots good in your gun...
Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BUCKMARK

Hit a doe yesterday at 45 yards, about 4 inches back form the front shoulder using Remington 1oz copper sabotsand the exit wound wasincredible. Tore up her insides big time. Just a matter of what shoots good in your gun...
My friends son shoots thosecopper sabots out of his rem 870 and its quite the deerslayer. He wont use anything else.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

i might try thse next year but i going out hunting now
see ya
Old 11-23-2008, 09:03 AM

lol he11 with ear plugs let tho ol. 12 gauge bark. little loundnest never hurt nobody
Old 11-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOlJSe7aCAo

that video of me shooting my shotgun with sst's

Quick Reply: the biggest, baddest, balliest, slugs around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.