Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Harris Bipods....Any Good?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Harris Bipods....Any Good?

Hey everybody quick question. Been thinking about getting a harris bipod for my deer rifle, and also for coyote hunting. I've heard it mounts to your sling stud so you can still have a sling on your rifle with it, and it folds under the barrel so it wouldn't be in the way. Anybody else think its worth the eighty bucks?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Harris Bipods....Any Good?

Im a big bipod fan. With practice, you can shoot 95% as well off a bipod as you can sandbags. While they don't come into play too much in hunting for me...thick stuff, up in a tree stand...otherwise when I am punching paper its just about all I use anymore, from prone usually with a sweatshirt balled up under the buttstock. Its a given to pop 20oz drink bottles at 200 yds every time even just from the less stable sitting position with a longer biipod. I have a couple Harris and a couple of Shooters Ridge, which are a bit cheaper but seem to be just as good if you ask me. Anyhow, if you feel like it would be effective in your given field scenarios in your area you hunt, BY ALL MEANS give it a shot. Go with one that pans...not as steady but for field use it really helps even out the terrain without having to take the time to adjust the legs out properly. Hope this helps.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very good!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Spike

spend the extra bucks and get the swivel version. It makes it nice for setting up quickly to get a shot off.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 2FNSLO

spend the extra bucks and get the swivel version. It makes it nice for setting up quickly to get a shot off.
Ditto
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ummm. ya

Harris is good! I like the swivel as well..
Old 11-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 2FNSLO

i agree.... spend the extra money and get the swivel. harris bipods are very good but the swivel version makes you appreciate them that much more. i have one on my savage 10fp tactical .260 and love it.... not to mention i love that gun!!!