Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Can anyone rough gross score this guy? >

Can anyone rough gross score this guy?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can anyone rough gross score this guy?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Can anyone rough gross score this guy?

What I really don't understand is why people come on here asking people to score the deer. Don't get me wrong I like doing it and seeing how close I am, but guys come in a post their pics wanting someone to score it from a visual. In the time it took to post the message and upload the pic, you could have scored the deer yourself and had an accurate number for the picture guessers to judge their own accuracy buy. Just saying.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

someone saying that rack is over 23+ in. wide and swearing by it, reminds me of one of the bucks taken in the contest. THAT buck has the shortest tines, least mass, and apparently the widest ears of any buck listed as a ten pt. scoring 140 2/8 I have ever seen. Not accusing, just saying the previous.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

carry a bowhoist/string with you and a tape measure.....learn how to quickly roughly score a whitetail....then stretch the string you used to measure it with and measure the string with a tape measure....

if you have a long continuous string....like a bow hoist you can quickly score it out in probably 2mins and know within 5% probably its gross score.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: allmightyhunter13

I LOVE scoring threads.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

This one was at 130. hope this helps if I can remember the inside was 19and 3/4 spread
I Emailed a Official Measurer with picture and this is the reply with out the name ( because I did not ask if I could use hes name) but I did get to ask him some question on what I was doing to make sure i was doing it right (haha keep to yourself) . I well say this is the first deer I ever measured. I carefully following the instructions which I fined can be hard to understand. after talking to the person I did it again found he went 130 from 129 not a record but still a nice buck. If you have any question pm me and I will see if I can help you.

----Inline Attachment Follows-----
to go to the Web site.) Once there, choose "Big Game Records" and then "Scoring Your Trophy." Your scoring results will provide a basis to determine if an official measurement by a B&C scorer is needed. If your scoring is at or above minimum score,any currently appointed Official Measurer (I am one of those measurers)can then score it officially for you for trophy entry into the Club's records keeping.But if your measurement, carefully following the instructions, comes up short of the minimum, you can avoid the frustration of a trip to an Official Measurer for the very same results. The overall results of green scoring and an official measurement rarely vary significantly. booneandcrockettclub.org

My congratulations on a very fine trophy.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both these gross 130. One has a 14.5" inside spread and the other 16".

Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks. Good illustration of different styles of racks with like scores.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

About 135 gross, IF it has a 23 1/2" spread.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

About 135 gross
Not unless there is about 20" of antler hidden somewhere.

Quick Reply: Can anyone rough gross score this guy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.