Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Black Panther seen while deer hunting >

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Black panthers/lions have never existed anywhere - but Georgia has them?

Thats funny

Steve
care to explain what it was that i saw a few years back then? large black cat. maybe 50 yards away in broad daylight. i have lived in the woods my entire life. never seen anything like that before. what could it have been? a black panther.
you cant believe everything they try to spoon feed you. 5 years ago ODWC claimed there were NO mountain lions in OK. those of us who lived in rural eastern OK knew better. i was even called a liar in front of a large crowd 1 time for claiming to have seen 1. now OMG get this... we now have it in the regulations that it is legal to kill 1 if it is endangering a person or personal property. odd how they could change their mind s quick isnt it?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 PM

I also live in eastern Oklahoma and yes there are occassional Cougar sightings but there has also been some hard evidence. I know of one caught in a trap, another shot, etc. I could name several other examples. The difference is that there has never been a documented black cougar ever... anywhere. Animal experts are in agreement that this animal does not exist. That is good enough for me.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

I also live in eastern Oklahoma and yes there are occassional Cougar sightings but there has also been some hard evidence. I know of one caught in a trap, another shot, etc. I could name several other examples. The difference is that there has never been a documented black cougar ever... anywhere. Animal experts are in agreement that this animal does not exist. That is good enough for me.
Just because they say they don't exist doesnt mean anything. they swear cougars dont inhabit any of alabama.... but most of us know without a doubt that they do. Black phases are very rare in any species and seeing a black mountain lion would be difficult since mountain lions are already very elusive. when sightings happen they are just that... sightings. people dont carry a camera around everywhere expecting to see one... it just happens and mostly when you are least expecting it. Just because people havent documented in doesnt mean it isnt there. this world is full of mysteries and new creatures are discovered everyday that people never knew exsisted until they were discovered. Do I believe in Black Panther... yes very much so. If the black color phase can happen in leopards and jags then why not the cougars???
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

How can I explain what you thought you saw?

There has never been a black cougar - the gene does not exist in them as it does in other animals.

Except, you wish us to believe, in Ga.

Do some research, find anything other then alleged "sightings" and post it.
Good luck - this has been done here many times and NO ONE has proved that "black panthers" can possibly medically exist - let alone actually be out there in the numbers reported.

Steve

Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I know there is at least one Panther (Cougar) in Louisiana and I am sure there are several more. A colleague of mine who owns property put a scouting camera out a couple of months ago. One of the pictures was a cougar. There was no doubt about it. The picture was very clear. It wasn't a black one, but it was most definately a cougar. I don't know about Black Panthers, but there are definately Cougars in LA. and the rest of the southeast.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:46 AM

I have never seen anything like this with my own two eyes, but I will never forget the night out coon huntingthat I heardthe "Woman's Scream" deep in the Sulphur River bottoms here in North East Texas. Talk about sending chills up your spine.... I was told it was a panther. Never thought to question it till now.... Now I am just confused....lol
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: jeremyjms06

ORIGINAL: gypsybill

Just because they say they don't exist doesnt mean anything. they swear cougars dont inhabit any of alabama.... but most of us know without a doubt that they do. Black phases are very rare in any species and seeing a black mountain lion would be difficult since mountain lions are already very elusive. when sightings happen they are just that... sightings. people dont carry a camera around everywhere expecting to see one... it just happens and mostly when you are least expecting it. Just because people havent documented in doesnt mean it isnt there. this world is full of mysteries and new creatures are discovered everyday that people never knew exsisted until they were discovered. Do I believe in Black Panther... yes very much so. If the black color phase can happen in leopards and jags then why not the cougars???
Jeremy, because "you say they do exist" doesn't mean anything either. And who are "they"? If you mean by "they" widlife biologists and other experts then yes, their opinion has a lot of credability with me. Evidence. Where is the evidence that black cougars exist? Shouldn't we base our belief on something based on some kind of evidence of its existence? How can you "know without a doubt" without some proof? I don't personally care one way or the other but I am not going to believe in something when there is no evidence to believe in its existence. That would be foolish. The consensus among experts, people that seriously and scientifically study these things, is that black cougars do not exist. And since the side for their existence has never offered any evidence whatsoever to the contrary , I got to go with black cougars do not exist in nature.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gypsey, no use in arguing about the existence of a large black cat. I will do this, as I have no physical proof, I'll submit to a lie detector test, you pay, and bet $5,000 that I'll pass it.My other friend that saw the same,first big black cat as I, will make the same wager.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:15 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

here we go with the black panther thing agin y is it that when some one post something everyone jumps in a starts trying to prove him or others wrong this place used to be cool to come an hang out at an meet hunters but lately it just seams like every one wants to fight an bash ppl for what they post who knows what the dude friend seen could have been a panther there are alot of things out there that know one can explainwhat we need to do is makethis place fun agin an quit fighting over this guy saying he seen big foot or that guy said he see a black cat who gives aSH** thats what makes me come back on this page every day is the stuff ppl put on here but i get sick of seeing every one fighting over bull
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I callmelinated cougar on this one. not that it woudl be impossible to see a panther or jag, but more than likely a melinated cougar, which woudl be more likely

Quick Reply: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.