Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Buck Shot Illegally In Wi

man I disagree. I was brought up an outlaw(poacher) from the time i could walk. I went on some years carrying on the tradition until I got busted, not spotlighting but Illegally taking two alligators. Im not proud of it so please dont down on me. It cost me about 5 grand and took my license for a year. THAT TOUGHT ME MY LESSON BELIEVE ME! But it took that to show me what real sportsmanship is. I stay legal now. If its a known wildlife offender I say take them for more than three years but if its a kid like i was punish him but give him another chance...
Old 12-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I am sorry for the confusion I do know both of these guys and the one is a police officers son. His cousin is my best friend.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:02 AM
Spike

my wife informed me that one of her best friends husband poaches deer. Her friend informed her as this when they went shopping during opening weekend of our wi gun hunt. i know money is tight for them as they have a 11month old but i was busting my tail to get another deer and he goes night hunting and has 3 hunging in his shed. thats just makes me mad. i am tempted to turn him in as i have good friend that that works for the local sheriff. i do turn him in i am afraid it would ruin my wife friendship. their son is only a few weeks younger then my little guy so i dont know. and i might have be nice to this guy when he come to our house for my son 1 year birthday party in a couple of weeks. just wondering what u guys would do.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: schooter

my wife informed me that one of her best friends husband poaches deer. Her friend informed her as this when they went shopping during opening weekend of our wi gun hunt. i know money is tight for them as they have a 11month old but i was busting my tail to get another deer and he goes night hunting and has 3 hunging in his shed. thats just makes me mad. i am tempted to turn him in as i have good friend that that works for the local sheriff. i do turn him in i am afraid it would ruin my wife friendship. their son is only a few weeks younger then my little guy so i dont know. and i might have be nice to this guy when he come to our house for my son 1 year birthday party in a couple of weeks. just wondering what u guys would do.
turn him in
Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM

Well everyone...they have had their punishments handed to them....the one that did the poaching got the biggest punishment and his huntinglicense taken away....like i said before worry about ur own problems and this world would be a better place....i believe in second chances.....if only people minded their own business there wouldnt be so many rumors half of what ppl say isnt even true....all i want to say is know the real story before you start writing or speaking about it...everyone makes mistakes along the line....All of you must be perfect right??..if all you have to do is bash someone else about their mistakes!! LET IT GO!! learn from what they did wrong!!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Ohio now has laws where you get stiff fines and suspension of hunting license for poaching a deer, but youalso have to compensate the state for the lost value of the animal. A couple of guys just got busted for poaching a big buck. Think that they each had to come up with about $2500 in total fines and compensation. A couple of well-publicized instances of that in a given area should slow folks down.
It was $12988 between the 2 of them ($6,494 a piece is what the both pay in restitution, plus fines and court costs) and they lost hunting privileges for 5 years, 200 hours of community service and 5 years of community control, whatever the hell that is. They also had to cough up everything they used to hunt the deer, the deer and the venison. I think we're headed in the right direction anyways.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/20081115/NEWS01/811150302