Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BACKSTRAPS....questions

Old 11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BACKSTRAPS....questions

YOu just validated what I pointed out earlier by calling tenderloins "catfish". Terms like backstrap and Catfish are mere colloquilisms (sp???) used in local speech that may or may not resonate with meaning in other areas of the state or country.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Slice across the grain into 1/8" to 1/4" slices after slicing ALL the grissle(sp) off of them, soak in itailian dressing and McCormick's meat marinade for 6 hours, grill in a grilling basket with green peppers, onions, and mushrooms untill mostly done(dont overcook it). By far the bestway I've ever had deer prepared. Also good for hams if you are careful trimming them, shoulders are for burger.

Another good way is to smoke the loinsfor about an hour at about 225, if you keep them buttered. And again dont overcook them. Medium rare is best, dont go over medium.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I found a good marinade off the net, which I marinaded it for about 8-hours. Cut the strap right down the center and stuffed it with crab dip and tied it up with string and wrapped it with bacon and put it on the grill......soooo awesome!