Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyone use calls?

Old 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Spike

Default Does anyone use calls?

Does anyone use calls? If so do they work good. Last year I used the can from primos and it made a spike come right to my treestand. This year i found a spot which had 16 rubs in the area and i saw a big muscled deer and a spike running around. Should I use my deer call or should I just wait for one to walk out in front of me? Thanks for any replys
Old 11-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyone use calls?

i'd run a scent trail by my stand and use the can or a grunt if you see one
Old 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Spike

I justgot a can call... We will see how it works!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 PM

Gosh!!!!!!! I would watch it and if it keeps coming around I would shoot that thang!!!!!!! I really don't know anything about hunting so don't listen to me, I'm only on here because of a friend and i'm trying to learn so, well, I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU GET THAT BUCK DUDE. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
[hr]

i hunt sometimes but wen I do, i always see a big buck and i don't know how big yours is but drop that puppy man!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Flambeau squeeze call. I have yet to see a deer with ut.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I never go into the woods without a call. I call quite a bit. It works. I called in my biggest deer in the late december in the Ohio ML season.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM

Itwould not hurt to use a grunt or a can or a rattle, just dont overdo it. What I do is tie my rattle antlers to a rope and bouce them off the ground from up in the stand. This makes a lot of noise in the leaves and sometimes it will bring them right in. Good luck http://wyomingtaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 PM

I don't call very much. If you see a deer out of range or walking away from you, I could see using a call. But deer in general are not extremely vocal animals. Scent is a much safer bet in my book.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

I like to rattle and grunt when I'm hunting on the ground during the rut.I like to get in a blown down tree and sit up there, Anyway while I'm the sitting in the blow down tree i like to rattle first off i'll rattle for about 30 sec, then I'll use my antlers to rustle up the leaves then I'll break the limbs on the tree snap as many as you want then i pound the antlers on the ground a few time the I'll grunt then put the antlers down and wait.Alway watch down wind of you because most of the time that the way a buck will cme in just be ready . Good luck to you let me know how that works for you . Oh I forgot to mention i put doe unrine on my boots or a drag rag toget to my stand.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

most of the deer i see are directly related to me utilizing my grunt tube.

Quick Reply: Does anyone use calls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.