Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Venting A Little...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:42 PM

Default Venting A Little...

Hey ya'll...new to the site and I think its great...Great Job Guys

Anywho, the Indiana firearms opener was a cold and wet one...but i got into the woods anyway (cant get one if your not out)...so i get out around 6:30, half hour or so before first light...saw nothing all the way up until about noon...debated headin out for lunch but figured id stick it out while other hunters were gettin down...maybe the deer would actualy move a little then...so i stuck it out until dark 6:30 or so...again didnt see a damn thing...okay, thats huntin for ya, got plenty of time right?
Heres why I'm venting, on the way home, still raining pretty good...not 500 feet from my house, an absolute BRUTE crosses the road in front of me...saw him cross, then stop and stare at me from a field...and i almost cried as all i could do was watch him...gotta love them whitetails...
Old 09-02-2009, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

That's sad. Really sorry
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been there done that. Growing up I always struggled to find a place to hunt but lived in the middle of the best deer hunting land for 75 miles. People were stingy and wanted an arm and a leg to hunt their land. I would sit on my friends little 20 acre lot and see nothing and on the way home count 15-20 deer in the fields and crossing the roads within 3 miles of my house.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya! A couple of years back I went 3 days without seeing a single deer during Arizona gun season.

When I came back home, my wife told me a bunch of deer managed to get on to the local army base, Ft. Hauchucha. Apparently the MPs just walked out and shot them with their M-16s.

Dang whitetails...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by footballaj2607
Hey ya'll...new to the site and I think its great...Great Job Guys

Anywho, the Indiana firearms opener was a cold and wet one...but i got into the woods anyway (cant get one if your not out)...so i get out around 6:30, half hour or so before first light...saw nothing all the way up until about noon...debated headin out for lunch but figured id stick it out while other hunters were gettin down...maybe the deer would actualy move a little then...so i stuck it out until dark 6:30 or so...again didnt see a damn thing...okay, thats huntin for ya, got plenty of time right?
Heres why I'm venting, on the way home, still raining pretty good...not 500 feet from my house, an absolute BRUTE crosses the road in front of me...saw him cross, then stop and stare at me from a field...and i almost cried as all i could do was watch him...gotta love them whitetails...
At least you know where he is.
Set up close to where you saw him, then get him.
I would love to have one 500 foot from my house.

JMHO
Old 09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

No matter where I go, I always see more deer coming and going to my spot than during the actual hunt.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Football-i
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

FOOTBALL-I to was out in the cold rainy opening morn didn't see a thing .Stayed out till 11;30 still nothing .On my why home not more than a half mile where I hunt I seen 8 doe's out in a cut corn field eating ,I was really mad.I thought now why couldn't I've seen deer that morn and buy the way it was still raining when I seen them.I guess that hunting . Hope it doesn't rain on opening morn this year .