Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

man as much as i feel for you, i'm going to have to say it's his. i shot a doe on the last day of muzzleloader season this year like that. at 15 yards i had an almost identical shot to yours and it knocked her down, but when i got up to go get her she got up and ran like i hadn't done any damage. i was befuddled as there was good blood for like 40 yards and all of the sudden it got spotty and then nothing at all. i looked around most of the the night for her and didn't find her. well the next day was "opening day" and these guys running dogs dumped their dogs out on the property line. they jumped a doe and shot her once. she had two holes. i just put it too far forward. chalk it up to it was a bad shot on my part and it sucks that i had to have some a-holes hunting a way i don't care for finish off what should have been a slam dunk shot for me. they kept her and i have just had to get over it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

It sucks but its the other guys deer.