Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Old 11-17-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

his, not yours
Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

interesting
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

His. But why did you get out so early if he bedded that close to you?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 AM

His buck.

Should have let it lay longer after the first shot. Especially if you werent sure if it was a good shot or not.

Similarthing happened to me a few years back. Hunting on private land, bordering state woods. Snow on ground. Someone shot a buck too far back to be a kill shot. I saw it all happen. Buck took off like a bat out of hell, running full speed towards state woods. I took a bead on it and dropped it in its tracks @ 150 yds (300 win mag, 150 gr ballistic reloads). I claimed the buck, although there was a blood trail in the snow from his shot. Who knows, his shot may have never killed it. His wasnt a fatal shot. His shot was evenonly minutes before mine,and I claimed it.Right or wrong, personal opinion maybe, was my buck.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Spike

Not even debateable...it is the 2nd shooters buck...last shooter before death takes it...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

His. This happened in Colorado to a buddy of mine. A father and son shot a cow and it ran to where my buddy jumped it up from its bed and he shot and killed it. Well the father and son saw my buddy when he was walking out and asked if he saw a cow that was shot. He told them he just shot a cow that was shot before and was going back to get help. The father said it was theirs and after a little argument and being outnumbered two to one with rifles and handguns he let them have it. He was pretty upset though.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

if he downed it i'd say it's his. my biggest buck had a bullet hole in what i would call the "armpit" area. i put him down, so i dragged him out.

good luck on your next hunt!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's yours IMHO... I don't care who downed it, you drew first blood. If I shot a buck that someone else had already shot, I wouldn't try to say it was mine. Theres nothing worse than shooting a deer and have it run and someone else try to claim it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Funny, but sometimes this happens except that it involves a doe. Each person who shot it would prefer to save their tag for a buck, so the argument is actually over who has to take it and tag it.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Funny, but sometimes this happens except that it involves a doe. Each person who shot it would prefer to save their tag for a buck, so the argument is actually over who has to take it and tag it.
I agree, if it wouldnt have had horns, I bet it would have been a different discussion!

Quick Reply: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.