Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Old 11-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Whose tag is on it? That will end ALL debate[:@] It's his deer. 500-600 yds. trailing/tracking, deer goes into swamp, drive is organized, same guy who hit it after you ends up shooting it off the drive after considerable time. Yup, his deer.

I shot once and he shot once, and then the final shot as she tried to get up in the cattails. Do you think my shot would have been lethal since he bled for so long
Typical Buck

Its a nice looking buck for sure
though. Gratz .
Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 PM

The Buck was dying in the cattails anyway, all he had to do was walk up and finish it off. It was when they followed my blood trail into the swamp that they found it bedded
Old 11-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

this just happened where i hunt on state land first kid hit it in the liver secound kid downed it they ruled on the secound kid being he downed it
Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh yea that was yesterday
Old 11-16-2008, 05:03 PM

When he shot it at 5 ft in the cattails they were on the blood trail and went into the swamp from the back hoping that if he was alive it came out my way. So it wasnt really a drive just a search. Earlierwhen it saw us in the field it wouldnt even run just slowly walked away.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:13 PM

When he first bedded down within 20 yds of where i shot there was a couple bubbles in the blood. Is it possible that part of my slub fragmented and hit part of the lung or nicked the heart?
Old 11-16-2008, 05:21 PM
bigcountry

You both made poor shots, but he put it down. With your shot, you wouldn't hit the heart or lung.

I know it stings, and I have been in this situation. But its the way it is.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think the other guy's shot would have been more fatal than yours. Your shot would have probably healed over time. His however would have been fatal. Maybe in several hours or a day but fatal none the less. Then, his final shot earned him the right to tag it.
Although this has never happened to me, I have dispatched fatally wounded deer. One time I had the hunter running up to me saying 'that's my deer'. Legally I could have legally tagged it but I just nodded saying I know I was just saving you some more tracking and left him to his business.

Quick Reply: WHO'S Deer IS IT??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.