Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Favorite ATV (the good post)

Old 11-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite ATV (the good post)

what is the best big bore atv?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:21 AM

I'd go with the Can-am 900 Renegade it's a sport ATV but you can also get a Can-Am Outlander 700. They have the best stock suspension and you can take them anywhere in the woods. Engineers that work on the Can-Am ATVs have proven their product to have the most power and lightest bodies on todays market. They have revolutionized today's ATV's.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: no_skill

I'd go with the Can-am 900 Renegade it's a sport ATV but you can also get a Can-Am Outlander 700. They have the best stock suspension and you can take them anywhere in the woods. Engineers that work on the Can-Am ATVs have proven their product to have the most power and lightest bodies on todays market. They have revolutionized today's ATV's.
I'll disagree. I'll say that Polaris now makes the toughest big-bore ATVs. Heavier? Sure. Stronger? Sure.

Why is it that NO other manufacturer would ever accept Polaris' challenge? Why?

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris2007duelceoatvchallengeextension.html

As far as any a big-bore going anywhere in the woods -a big bore would be my last choice to get into thewoods with.Woods with trails are another story entirely but woods with no trails you can't beat something like a FourTrax 300 4X4,Kawasaki Bayou/Prairie 300 4X4 or Yamaha Bruin 350 4X4. With big-bores in the trees that you many timescan't fit between you've got to dolots of forward/back/forward/back trying to cut corners in the trees.

For those that don't know or haven't experienced -these smaller machines are genuine workhorses (granted on a smaller scale) but canreally get places!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: no_skill

I'll disagree. I'll say that Polaris now makes the toughest big-bore ATVs. Heavier? Sure. Stronger? Sure.

Why is it that NO other manufacturer would ever accept Polaris' challenge? Why?

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris2007duelceoatvchallengeextension.html

As far as any a big-bore going anywhere in the woods -a big bore would be my last choice to get into thewoods with.Woods with trails are another story entirely but woods with no trails you can't beat something like a FourTrax 300 4X4,Kawasaki Bayou/Prairie 300 4X4 or Yamaha Bruin 350 4X4. With big-bores in the trees that you many timescan't fit between you've got to dolots of forward/back/forward/back trying to cut corners in the trees.

For those that don't know or haven't experienced -these smaller machines are genuine workhorses (granted on a smaller scale) but canreally get places!

I disagree with your statement... here is a full review of the Renegade 800 made by Can-AM. The Outlander has the same engine and body, just it's not a sport...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...view&hl=en

If you compare the specs to the polaris the Renegade is by far stronger, lighter...

Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

no_skill said......"If you compare the specs to the polaris the Renegade is by far stronger, lighter... "

Again Uncle Matt asks....."Why is it that NO other manufacturer would ever accept Polaris' challenge? Why?"

Seems like if a mfg had a machine to bring to the table it sure would be a fantastic way to get some darn good press.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

On the topic of BIG-bore atvs, I have always asked myself this question.

WHY DOESN'T HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRING OUT AN ATV?

I think most HD owners who have or want an atv would really consider a HD atv.

Could you imagine the sound? The rumble? The torque? The cost (ooops!)?

Maybe makebull dog 4X4 with the regular motors and a hot-rod 4X4 with the V-rod motor.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

no_skill said......"If you compare the specs to the polaris the Renegade is by far stronger, lighter... "

Again Uncle Matt asks....."Why is it that NO other manufacturer would ever accept Polaris' challenge? Why?"

Seems like if a mfg had a machine to bring to the table it sure would be a fantastic way to get some darn good press.
After clicking your link you will see Polaris didn't challenge Can-AM... Not only that but 10,000k for a big organization such as Honda, Yamaha etc... really isn't worth their time... Not only that but Can-Am didn't explode big untill early last year.

Oh and here is the Polaris getting beat by Can-AM, and Can-Am winning the hardest and longest race in the BRP heartland challenge.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/can...ander-win.html

For those that do not know, the heartland challenge is the longest and toughest challenge in all of ATV races.

Once Can-Am fixes their gear's up they are easily going to be the fastest ATV's in the woods.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

Well Im gonna be the odd ball aint know body took up for tha Suzuki so im gonna have to do so. I just bought the new 750 King Quad and man what a wheeler its the best of both worlds you've got a sport utility atv that can put tha boogy on in a hurry but its great for hunting and working I love mine a lot more than the honda I used to have
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Wheres Polaris?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Polaris Sportsman

Quick Reply: Favorite ATV (the good post)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.