Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rainy Day Shotgun Opener?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rainy Day Shotgun Opener?

thats great weather for still hunting
Old 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get the rain gear out.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im in Southern Indiana and the weather will be the same here and I will be in it. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it's supposed to be a heavy rain, just light scattered showers and it's actually supposed to change to snow in the afternoon. Not raining here at the moment. I believe the deer will be moving. I sat in 25 mph winds last saturday as a cold front came through and the bucks were after does.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This will be 2 years in a row I didn't get out on opening morning of Firearm Season. Last year I had father duties....this year I'm tagged out. Since I already have a buck and a doe down, I have zero want to get out and sit in the rain all day.

Good luck to those who do! Dress warm and dry!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will miss our opening day for the first time [:@][:@]. Its pouring here and not worth it to me to get my gum soaking wet [:@]. I will see if it breaks up this afternoon. It looks like here, Monday will be the best day to hit the woods.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 AM

I'm back already from the woods of Brown County. I missed what should have been an easy shot on a decent buck. The weather was finally starting to get to me after my miss so I pulled out of the woods. I'll be heading to my second set up this afternoon. Wish me luck.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Spike

i stayed in bed -- been sick and getting wet all day would only make it worse -

my dad went out this morning and saw a few at day break . they came out into the field and bedded right down -

deer wont move much today with the heavy rain and high winds moving in
Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Shotgun opener in Illinois the 21st. hope to have a little better weather by then, cold is good ,rain bad
Old 11-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It ended up being a decent morning for me. The rain quit before i got to the woods and never rained for the 3 hours i was there. The only problem i had was with the wind gusts, which it seems like we have had every day for the last 2 weeks. That being said, deer movement was still way down. 2 does and 1 tiny 6 point. I'd say the shots were down a little bit, but still heard a pretty good number.

Quick Reply: Rainy Day Shotgun Opener?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.