Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Camo on your gun

Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Camo on your gun

For those that do Camo your gun how do you do it? I seen some of that tape out there but didn't want to put it on and take it off later and have all that sticky stuff on there. I thought about painting but didn't want to take the chance. Just the stock not the barrel.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camo on your gun

Take the stcok off, and i have seen some people once the stock is off, depeding on what kind it is (composite, wood, etc) they lay leaves on it and spray paint over them leaving a different look or text tone. But im really not to sure so i would google it and see what you come up with or find a gun smith in your area.

BH818
Old 11-12-2008, 09:34 PM

There is a camo tape that you can wrap your rifle with that don't leave the sticky residue when it is removed. I used it last season and took it off this year and no sticky mess. I bought it at Sportsmans Whse. I forgot who makes it; but, it comes in a two inch roll and feels kinda spongy. I'll see if I can find the package.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Well its wood so I don't know if painting it would be wise, if anyone knows if it will harm my gun let me know before I do it

Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

I used the tape on a shotgun turkey hunting one year. It rained on the first day and after the fifth day I took the tape off and the gun was rusted bad. I will never use the tape again.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM

I have a Camo cover that slips on mine. Its made to fit my Rifle. I believe Kane made them, but I haven't seen them around in years.........

Actually just did a quick ebay search, look for "Kane gun chaps" and you will get a list of them....

Alot better than Tape, or Paint IMO...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM

There is also removable camo-clad that you can get to cover your gun with.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

if a deer can see your gun he should be laying in the back of the truck already
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: rustynut

if a deer can see your gun he should be laying in the back of the truck already
true enough, I have mine more for protection of the gun than anything else...gun is 15 yrs old, and barely any scratches on the stock at all, because I've used that cover since it was new....
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the kit on my wingmaster....The kit is about 10 bucks and does not leave any residue...

Quick Reply: Camo on your gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.