Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wal-Mart Guns???

Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wal-Mart Guns???

ORIGINAL: CovertOps

I hate Wal-Mart I do not think they are very ethical in there business practice.

I hate the Local Dealer they treat new people to the sport with no respect at all.

Cabela's seems to have it right. They try to help out even the most Dense of customers but there prices can be a little on the high side.
u really think cabela's/gander/bass pro are ethically sound? they raise prices on crap just because people like you pay for it.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely no difference. I've got many guns from Wal-Mart. No difference at all.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Compairing apples to apples the guns at walmart are the same. Walmart buys in bulk so they can get a great deal. Think of how many thousands of guns they buy each year. They are the single biggest seller of guns in the country. So they get a great deal and pass some of it on. Because, lets face it, if you come in for a gun you'll buy other stuff.

Now if you bought the exact same model from you local gun dealer he'd have to charge more. But the gun is exactly the same. And they carry alot of better models too. But they buy 2-3 of one model while walmart buys 20,000 of the same model, etc.

I like supporting my local shops, But if Walmart stopped selling guns....It would put a big hurtin on the gun industry. You don't wanna see that either.
I think you hit the nail on the head on what happened to the gun industry. So lets say some anti-hunting fella takes over for Wal-Mart.....guess where the gun industry goes.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot one and havent had any problems
Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vabyrd

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Compairing apples to apples the guns at walmart are the same. Walmart buys in bulk so they can get a great deal. Think of how many thousands of guns they buy each year. They are the single biggest seller of guns in the country. So they get a great deal and pass some of it on. Because, lets face it, if you come in for a gun you'll buy other stuff.

Now if you bought the exact same model from you local gun dealer he'd have to charge more. But the gun is exactly the same. And they carry alot of better models too. But they buy 2-3 of one model while walmart buys 20,000 of the same model, etc.

I like supporting my local shops, But if Walmart stopped selling guns....It would put a big hurtin on the gun industry. You don't wanna see that either.
I think you hit the nail on the head on what happened to the gun industry. So lets say some anti-hunting fella takes over for Wal-Mart.....guess where the gun industry goes.
Oh yeah and they are already stopping selling guns in some Walmarts around here. Just wait I see the price of ammo going up ALLOT soon. Similar effect.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bad glad your wally worlds still sell guns, no wallys around here, even still sell muzzleloaders anymore.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Everything sold at Walmart is made in China including the guns. That is just the way it is. The guns are inferior clones.

LOL

Seriously. Same guns. Gun manufacturers don't produce different quality guns dependent upon their sales destination.

But we ALL need to stay away from ANY shopping at Walmart for the simpole fact that even though you may save a few bucks, the majority of their products are of foriegn origin. Support out country - not others.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a youth model rifle/shotgun combo for my son 3 weeks ago at Dick's Sporting Goods that just opened near here. Price was great, did my homework, and knew about a rebate involved with it. Apparently no one there, including all the firearms sales staff, manager (who oversees said sales and staff) knew about it though. After a half hour runaround and enough time for them to print out the rebate online....something I could've done at home, we were good to go. I knew I was in for a tough time when the kid that was the head of the dept. looked to be about 22 or so years old. Then to top it off I threw around some gun make and model questions along with ammunition selection topics and this guy didn't know if he was foot or horseback.

Another of the reasons while I'm glad I have a gunsmith/FFL guy on my cell phone directory.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Canned Heat

Bought a youth model rifle/shotgun combo for my son 3 weeks ago at Dick's Sporting Goods that just opened near here. Price was great, did my homework, and knew about a rebate involved with it. Apparently no one there, including all the firearms sales staff, manager (who oversees said sales and staff) knew about it though. After a half hour runaround and enough time for them to print out the rebate online....something I could've done at home, we were good to go. I knew I was in for a tough time when the kid that was the head of the dept. looked to be about 22 or so years old. Then to top it off I threw around some gun make and model questions along with ammunition selection topics and this guy didn't know if he was foot or horseback.

Another of the reasons while I'm glad I have a gunsmith/FFL guy on my cell phone directory.

It always amazes me that a multi-million dollar company will let its reputation sit on an idiot making $6.50 an hour.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: dirtyd

ORIGINAL: CovertOps

I hate Wal-Mart I do not think they are very ethical in there business practice.

I hate the Local Dealer they treat new people to the sport with no respect at all.

Cabela's seems to have it right. They try to help out even the most Dense of customers but there prices can be a little on the high side.
u really think cabela's/gander/bass pro are ethically sound? they raise prices on crap just because people like you pay for it.

Think No I dont think they are ethically sound but if you compare one to the other Wal-mart is trying to put the competition completely out of business. Cabelas builds there stores regional. Wal-Mart puts there stores across the street from competitors in order to put them out of business. That is not ethical. In Michigan they have agresivley placed a store across the street from our regional store Meijer. This is a privately owned business who has no way to compete with wal-marts buying power.

Also Cabelas has people who know what they are talking about & dont treat customers who have a lack of knowledge about certain equipment. Like new people to the sport of deer hunting.

I dont like Cableas Nor do I spend much money there but the argument can still be made. I would rather buy my shotgun there for a little more money & be informed on the use & options for that gun then go to my local dealer who insults me because I dont know a lot about certain aspects of how a gun works.

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart Guns???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.