Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need to find motivation

Old 11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default need to find motivation

Well so far this season I've run into bad luck it seems like everyday I go out. What do you guys do when you think that there's no point in going out in the morning?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: need to find motivation

Go out anyway. It only takes a moment for all that bad luck to go away when a deer that you can take steps out. Don't let it get you down, brother. Shake off the blues and go get you a deer

Old 11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't shoot a deer if you aren't in the woods. Go out anyways.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 PM

when i think of the times i been walking along or sitting thinking to myself that i will go home empty handed and then boom a deer shows up.
Me personally its an inner motivation, if im not out there i go crazy even if im feeling discouraged, tired, bored and cold. My saying is "you never know", no one can doubt that in the whitetail woods!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I totally agree with dhunter. Case in point. I hunted 4 weeks from the same treestand this year. Never saw a single deer. I knew deer were in the area. I saw there tracks going past my stand. I saw bear, squirrels, chipmunks, turkey - everything but a deer. Last Saturday (also our first day of fall turkey) I was up in my stand before light. About 8:00 I thought "Why should I be sitting here with my bow when I can run down to the house, grab my gun and try for turkery?" I tied my bow to my drop rope and lowered it down, climbed down from my stand and was kneeling down untying my bow when I heard a twig snap and something walking toward me. I quickly nocked an arrow and look what walked past me at 22 yds.
So stick it out - you never know.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The end of deer season is coming fast. Then I'll have to wait another 9 months til the next one. So, if I can go out, then I'm gonna go out.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

my father-in-law didn't feel like going out on saturday but my mother-in-law talked him into it and he killed a huge 10 point! just think... "season only comes around once a year"
Old 11-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try a different spot. Variety is always good.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

go out
Old 11-10-2008, 09:17 AM

Never give up it is like anything else that you do in life if you really want it you got to stick with it. Good things come to people who wait.

Quick Reply: need to find motivation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.