Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws? >

How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Old 11-14-2008, 07:26 AM

Default RE: How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

My father-in-law is kind of like this. He thinks my having a feeder in my backyard is cheating. I deal with it by not caring what he thinks. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks using weapons is cheating too. I'm just not going to open that can of worms.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM

Stoningtonwhitetail

I am sorry you are going through this. Always be respectful but firm in you belief. You are the parent and you should start training your young boy at an early age. Don’t get him to watch the Disney movies and any other anti hunting cartoons. Be mindful of what he is watching on TV.
Bambi is one example of an anti hunting movie. They are all over the place. TV is loaded with anti hunting stuff. You can take him out into the woods when he is older to get him interested. Watch the Outdoor channel with him.

Get him a hunting PC game like Hunting 4# or 5. You can get these on Cabela’s. Start him out with bird hunting games and move up to Big game later. When he gets older, give him a subscription to Outdoor Life, or Sports Afield magazine. Put it in his name. He will love that. Watch what he reads from school! The school system is chuck full of anti hunting books as well as staff members. Don’t let some anti gun teacher get away with paddling anti hunting BS. I know, I work for a public school. Don’t forget fishing also. Act like you are his hunting buddy and take him out. When he is of age, sign him up for hunter safety program It will be a big job but don’t give up. You may have to draw a line in the sand later down the road with your mother in law if she tries to undermine your efforts. Enjoy your son and God Bless.

Hornet man
Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Dude, if its the in-laws...

Just do what you can to get bye 'cause you just cant win!