Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws? >

How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

I've killed all of mine, so I don't have any more problems with them j/k

Seriously though, I'm blessed in the fact that all of my family members and in-laws hunt or eat wild game.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let her know that every piece of meat she has bought in a store most likely came from a different animal and therefore she is responsible for the deaths of multiple animals raised on steroids and hormones, that were grown purely for the purpose of growing fat, happy, and then slaughtered with no mercy or chance of survival for the sole purpose of her enjoyment at the dinner table. Compare that to how you hunt for1 animal that is clean, pure, lean, healthy, and atleast has a chance of survival.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm in the same situation! Except a mother in law its a cousin who is very tight with my girlfriend and I tease her like hell when she comes over. Usually if I want her to leave I turn on the outdoor channel and watching hunting shows, if none are on tv I'll pop a DVD in. It's become quite an amusing war, and my g/f thinks its funny as hell.

My buddy gave me some deer meet and I grilled it and she said I was a good cook. I told her that I wasn't and its just the meat, she then asked what it was when I told her Deer Tenderloin she got mad at me. Then she pointed out how ****ty of a hunter I am. So she won that argument
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

The biggest points I like to make when debating with an "anti-hunter" is to mention the if all hunting were to cease resulting in an explosion of deer populationwe would have deer starving to death-SUFFER, killed by predators-SUFFER, death by disease or sickness-SUFFER, hit by cars-SUFFER.Now when I go out opening day of rifle or bow season, shot a deer through the heart/lungs deer will perishin under a minute, instead of slowing wasting away if it were say starving to death. Usually does the trick.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

dont worry about her. You think you got it bad my wife belongs to peta. I love to hunt and she knows it her dad and I hunt together all the time I have been hunting for my whole life we agree to dis agree. As long as your wife isnt on you all the time about it let her alone let her deal with her closemindedness.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

mAKE EM' OUTLAWS!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Spike

I think you have a bigger problem at hand. Your mother-in-law seems to be very "opinionated." Most opinionated people are simply frustrated about deeper things and will debate you on just about anything. I fear for your son. Who knows what she saying to him when you're not around? Lay down the law now.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

dude just tell her it's one of the oldest professions, our nation was built on back country boys who hunted for their food.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

I have a friend like that he always calls me murderer and junk ppl who have never hunted dont understand and just some ppl who r to sensitive to hhunt thats ok with me as long as there not critical ppl can be that way I see it as were not wasting and u cant buy venison and also its a true passion thats past down thrue generations they will never understand its just the thruth just try not to bring it up i do the same for my friend if thats what u want to call it he does get on my nerver idk
Old 11-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lucky_shot

the last thing you want is a pissed off in-law. i'd leave it alone but like someone already said, i would tell the kids she is wrong about hunting.
The last thing I worry about is pissing off an in-law. If they don't like me for what I am,I won't lose any sleep over it thats for sure.

Quick Reply: How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.