Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin hunters

Old 11-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wisconsin hunters

I bow hunt in Marinette County with some friends, though I'm considering giving it up. Only been at it a few years and I love everything about deer hunting but I just don't get the people. I'm just not finding it much of a sport for a guy who just wants to spend some time in the woods and enjoys earning their meat instead of buying it at the store, way too many traditions and egos out there so I spend most of my time just trying not to piss anyone else off which makes it hard to get any fun out of it. Fishermen seem a lot more laid back. They don't get pissed at what you have on your stringer, don't consider all the fish in the lake righfully theirs, neighbors don't argue about who keeps what and who throws what back, there isn't near the equipment envy. I'm sure not all hunters are this way, but I run into way too many where the only things they care about are who has the most expensive equpiment, who shot the biggest buck, and is everyone but me shooting as few deer as possible instead of what they are legally allowed..even though almost the entire state is in herd reduction mode and overpopulation is spreading disease.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM

I am from Sussex. I hunt in Jackson county. About 10 miles west of Black River Falls. I hunt on private land. There is a lot of puiblic land up there that no one knows about. This land is used for logging, but they don't harvest the tree's for 15 years. During this time, for tax purposes, they open up their land as public land. There is probably 3500 acres of land that is public. The only people that know about this land is the locals. you should check intoforrested land that is public.

I am trying to start a Wisconsin hunting forum at this website. Check it out and sign up for free.

www.shareyourhunt.com

Old 11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in Clark County and hunt private land, mostly in Clark, and one place just over the line into Taylor County.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live and hunt in Chippewa Co. I do most of my hunting West of Holcombe. I mostly hunt the county forest property, but I do have permission on 300 acres of private land that buts up to the county forest. I love the challenge of figuring out the deer in the big woods and I believe one day one of the big swamp bucks is going to make the mistake of his life and get too close to me. It would be way more rewarding to me to take him with the bow, but I am not picky at this time. Hunting the county forest has already been good to me this year, I have seen deer everytime I've been out. I took two does during the herd control hunt, but haven't seen any decent bucks yet. Hopefully I'll see one in the next couple weeks.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:50 PM

I LIVE IN CHICAGO BUT HUNT IN WISCONSIN EVERY DEER SEASON ITS A FAMILY TRADITION WE HUNT IN COLUMBIA COUNTY ON PUBLIC LAND......
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Spike

I moved to Wisconsin early this summer and was extremely excited to hunt this year. Coming from Northern Lowers Peninsula Michigan, the hunting here is so much better. Every time in the woods you have a good opportunity for a wall hanger. I have been lucky to get hooked up with some very generous folks here in Adams, Sauk and Juneau counties that are allowing me to hunt on their private land! I think EAB is a great program. In Michigan it seems as though the hunters will shoot anything with antlers, you should see some of the young small bucks that they will hang on buck poles. LOL I have been bowhunting as much as I can get out and have filled my doe tag. I have seen6 trophy bucks (only 2 while hunting) andI am looking forward toa great opening weekend whether we are still in therut or not. But I am really looking forward to late bow season. Good luck to you all!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt just outside of Holland, WI on 40 acres of private land. Had a good bow season, so hopefully will have continued success.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Clark County, Neillsville, to be exact, 300 acres of my ownprivate land. Once in a while Ill take a trip down home to Monroe County, Norwalk area, and hunt my cousins 110 acres of private land.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in Jackson County 80 acres that my father-in-law ownes between Hixton and Northfield.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

i hunt out side of friesland a small town of 308 in columbia county and it is privite

Quick Reply: Wisconsin hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.