HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Homemade 2 man Ladder Stand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/272633-homemade-2-man-ladder-stand.html)

FishingGuy23 11-09-2008 12:04 PM

Homemade 2 man Ladder Stand

I am interested in making a 2 man Ladder Stand. I need some help and ideas on how to make one that is safe and portable. If anyone could help id really enjoy you helping me. Maybe even if you guys have pics too that would help. If you have instructions on how to make one please PM me asap on how to make one or repy on here. If you guys have pics that would be nice to! Thanks for your guys help.

Fishingguy23

timbercruiser 11-09-2008 03:46 PM

RE: Homemade 2 man Ladder Stand

I would bet that you can buy an aluminum one at Wal Mart cheaper than you can build it.

1shotkill1993 11-09-2008 03:51 PM

buy a manufactured one. theres no way these days you can build your own cheaper than you can buy one. Treated lumber costs so much now. So does untreated.

sjsfire 11-09-2008 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

buy a manufactured one. theres no way these days you can build your own cheaper than you can buy one. Treated lumber costs so much now. So does untreated.

I agree, the last one I bought was $80 and some change. It's not worth it to build it yourself.

deerslayer223 11-09-2008 09:42 PM

I just purchased one at walmart 2 weeks ago for 100$. We've bought 3 within the past 2years and they have all been within 80-100$. Id just stick with a fabricated one.

uncle matt 11-10-2008 08:34 AM

Even when I get steel dirt cheap it is hard to come in lower than I can buy them. But when I fab them amd weld them I have no question and I know mine are stronger.

As to a portable 2-man? Maybe from field edge-to-field edge but trying to move 2-man stands in the woods is not a fun thing to do. We have a fewon the farm. 1 is right off one of the more main trails (deer taken), 1 is way down at the south end back in the thinner treesclose to a creekabout 15 yards fromthe corner of a crop field (plenty of deer taken). And another is about 75 yards into the woods off the north end of our east crop field (deer taken) and it was the toughest to get in there.

They were all partially assembled at the barn and brought down to the fields with an ATV and trailer.

Best thing about the 2-man stands? Spending time with your kids.

thndrchiken 11-10-2008 03:11 PM

For a two man stand your probably looking at around $ 150 or better. If your serious about building one you can probably do it for around $ 80 to $100 for all the lumber, screws, etc. Then you have to lug it into the woods and put it together. IT WILL NOT BE MOBILE, at least not easily. I would suggest buying one to make your life a lot easier. They all come with safety harness's which if this intended for use with your child I highly recommend using.

mgreen 11-10-2008 03:36 PM

We have a couple stands that are john deere combine ladders and have some metal welded on the bottom to make it a little taller if that is of any use to you. We just had to build a seat on it and platform to stand on it was easy.

jim1966 11-10-2008 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken

For a two man stand your probably looking at around $ 150 or better. If your serious about building one you can probably do it for around $ 80 to $100 for all the lumber, screws, etc. Then you have to lug it into the woods and put it together. IT WILL NOT BE MOBILE, at least not easily. I would suggest buying one to make your life a lot easier. They all come with safety harness's which if this intended for use with your child I highly recommend using.
$150.00 Your shopping at the wrong place.

$89.99 at rural king. https://www.ruralking.com/Store/detail.aspx?ID=17109

gtownbuckbuster 11-10-2008 03:56 PM

if you can fabricate one outtta metal thats the best option but dont build one outta wood i mean we have a few wood stands and their hard to move and their only one mans and the nly reason we have them is cause when they were buit it was too expensive to buy one