Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone having any luck???

Old 11-06-2008, 10:40 AM

Default Anyone having any luck???

Its a cool and rainy day in Iowa with nothing but my honey-do list growing. I want to be out in the woods, but have seen absolutely nothing so far.
The herd should be in rut or getting into the act soon. We are having some cooler nights, and that should ramp up the hormones. The only downfall is that there is alot of corn/beans still in the fields right now. The deer are not moving out of the fields quite yet. We will see what happens this week. Let me know what has been going on for the rest of you?

baker0821
Old 11-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone having any luck???

Down here in Louisiana the bucks are just now starting to become a little active. I have been seeing spikes and 4 pointers every time out. I put a camera on a scrape Sunday and checked it on Tuesday. I had pictures oftwo 8 pointers, a 7 pointer, a6 pointer, two spikes, and a few does. I took two does earlier in Oct., one with bow and one with muzzleloader. I have also taken a 6 point. I thought he was an 8. He had no brow tines. He was still a good deer for down here though. I will be after one of the 8's I have on film. He is a good one. Good luck to all.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:37 PM

NCis in starting therut and deer are moving ive seen alot just to small though (spikes and 4 pointers)
Old 11-06-2008, 03:43 PM

The rut is just starting around my house in Michigan. I have been seeing a lot of doe all season. I shot a big 4 point early in October with my bow. It was my first bow kill. He was a 5 point but he has a busted tine. As of lately I have been seeing a lot of bucks moving around. Mostly 4 pointers. But I have seen a big 10 point runnning around.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

i have seen alot of small bucks and does... not one shooter during shooting hours though!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

lots of sightings just a bit to warm here in wisconsin. Its getting colder and the rut is just starting.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope not much at all, just 2 big bucks at my spot during ngiht time though...
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM

Yea, I know what you all mean, I did get out a little bit after my homey do list was done, but it was about dusk. I just sat in my turck near my hunting areas, and saw some movement, saw an 8 pointer, 10 pointer (2), and a bunch of does. They were moving to one of my food plots that is next a corn field that was cut within the last two days.

Things are looking up here in Iowa!

baker0821