HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   OH hunters, What are your thoughts on the new Sabot Slugs that are out?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/271717-oh-hunters-what-your-thoughts-new-sabot-slugs-out.html)

NEOhioHunter 11-04-2008 11:59 AM

OH hunters, What are your thoughts on the new Sabot Slugs that are out??

I have seen some nice sabot slugs that have entered the market this year. There is the Hornady and the Accu-Tip from Remington. I have not shot any of them, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried these out??

thoughts, comments, suggestions??

sjsfire 11-04-2008 04:32 PM

RE: OH hunters, What are your thoughts on the new Sabot Slugs that are out??

ORIGINAL: NEOhioHunter

I have seen some nice sabot slugs that have entered the market this year. There is the Hornady and the Accu-Tip from Remington. I have not shot any of them, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried these out??

thoughts, comments, suggestions??

I personally am getting tired of these super new sabots at $15-$20 a freakin box. I'm ready to sell off my rifled barrels and shoot my old smooth bore deer barrel on my 870 and/or just stick with my muzzleloaders. I've shot everything, the KO's, Lightfields, Federal Vital Shocks, Rem. Copper Solids, etc. I haven't even thought of shooting the $20 a box Accu Tips. I'll use my smooth bore for the thick stuff and my muzzleloaders for distance shooting.

redline002 11-04-2008 04:51 PM

I got a box last weekend. I'll let you know how the range session goes this weekend.

teamster284 11-04-2008 07:16 PM

I shot some hornady sst last fall sighting in my gun. I do not have a scope on it, and there is no way in hell i could use them . way too "hot" to shoot w/out a scope. I was aiming at the ground in front of target at 100 yrds and hitting top and over target. I thought about scoping my slug gun but dont want to. I figure these would have some reach out and touch some one range with a good scope i just dont need it where i hunt.

redline002 11-08-2008 04:30 PM

I shot the new remington's today. The ones with the green tip for $20.00 a box. They're great at 50 yards they cut one hole from my ultra slug hunter. I know they're pricey but the accuracy is great and it's a 385 GR slug. It may not be everyone's choise but I'm trying them this year.

MICHAELHUNTER 11-08-2008 04:36 PM

The Remington Accu-Tip's shot great out of my Benelli.