Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Any Tips on how to keep others out of my ladder stands?? >

Any Tips on how to keep others out of my ladder stands??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any Tips on how to keep others out of my ladder stands??

Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Default RE: Any Tips on how to keep others out of my ladder stands??

They sell 5 foot ladder extensions at most hunting stores. They usually have a theft deterent system whichyou can unscrew two rungs from it simply and easily. Making it almost impossible to get into.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

a shotgun and a little waiting
Old 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

i like the plexi glass idea but it at hte top end of the ladder so they dont see it until they get to the top.... and the thumb tacks but id forget about the tacts until i sat down...
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Dress a mannequin in old camo and strap it in the ladder stand's seat. More than likely the culprit won't get close enough to the stand to see it's a mannequin and it might deter him/her from coming back (at least for a while) if they think someone saw them trespassing.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buck747

Dress a mannequin in old camo and strap it in the ladder stand's seat. More than likely the culprit won't get close enough to the stand to see it's a mannequin and it might deter him/her from coming back (at least for a while) if they think someone saw them trespassing.
yea and it will also get the deer used to seein sometin in the stand so you dont stand out like a sore thumb when you climb in
Old 11-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: gtownbuckbuster

ORIGINAL: Buck747

yea and it will also get the deer used to seein sometin in the stand so you dont stand out like a sore thumb when you climb in

that won't be necessary, I have enough camo netting around the stand that they can't see me anyways.....good idea though
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

i would just take everything down and get me a climber..... he would prob leave everything alone then... but if he puts his stuff in there its a different ball game hahaha
Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you use climbing sticks take off the top and bottom piece so they cant get in
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM

The guy shouldn't be trespassing and needs be stoped. I would hang a no trespasing sign on the top of the stand and if that didn't work I would get the law involved. Also if you have a game camera hang in a nearby tree or trail he is coming in on.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Spike

put a sign down near the bottom of the tree that says something to the effect of this:

"This stand and property is private and you are trespassing. You've been photographed with a concealed motion-detection camera. This photo will be used in your trespassing prosecution if you proceed with anything other than leaving now."

Don't even really have to have a camera. Just the thought of it may deter them from climbing up and using it.

Quick Reply: Any Tips on how to keep others out of my ladder stands??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.