Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

An update on T.R. Michels

Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 AM

Default An update on T.R. Michels

T.R. posted this on the COFA (Christian Outdoor Fellowhip of America) Talk fourm. It tells you about his health.

Since my chronic pain has increased, and my tolerance for narcotics has also increased - my doctor now has me on 100 Darvocet N-100's per month, 30 Demerol 50mg per month, 60 Lyrica 70mg per month (deadens nerves), and 100 Naproxen 500mg for the inflamation in my neck, which is a result of arthritis and causes pinched nerves in both arms.

I have severe chronic pain in my face, from when I shot myself, and due to a slight curvature of the spine I have pinched nerves in both legs, including the sciatic and femoral nerves.

The doctor is also going to start me on 200mg of Tegretol daily. Although it is a medication used primaily for seizures, it has been found to help patients with facial pain (the trigeminal nerve).
Anyhow, I can't "legally" drive, and I've been told I should not hunt alone, or sit in a treestand, while I am on narcotics (which is now 24/7). So - until either the pain subsides (unlikely) or I can get my son or son-in-law to hunt with me, I'm taking it easy this year -and I will try to live "vicariously" by helping you guys bag BIG bucks.

So, PLEASE - all of you - let me know what is going on out there, and if and how I can help you. I REALLY enjoy helping, and hearing your stories.

With peak breeding in progress in many areas, I'm posting an article on Choosing Stand Sites. I hope it helps.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.
You can let T.R. know what is going on in your area, or ask him questionsby e-mailing him at [email protected]
Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: An update on T.R. Michels

Who's TR?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Google him to find out - he used to have his own forum here.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

k seriously.

Mister T.R. you need to stop posting on here its really getting annoying you acting like anothe person. so please stop. nooone cares
Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM

I'm T.R like Bob was T.R. - not
Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Google came back - wannabe cult leader - appears to be moderately succesful.
Posts at bowsite, but not here?
So you do it for him?
Try original thinking.

Steve
Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

i don't think i would take any hunting tips from a man that shot himself.jmho
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

OWNED
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 PM

T.R knows more about whitetails than most of us can ever hope to absorb. He has also touched alot of peoples lives in a very positive way. I've never met the man, but I have studied many of his articles and writings and can tell you for certain, he knows his stuff. He LIVES whitetails.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder why he doesn't have his forum here anymore? I remember it, though I never frequented it. If it's a touchy subject to answer in the public forum, PM me.

Mike

Quick Reply: An update on T.R. Michels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.