HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Zeiss Conquest??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/271435-zeiss-conquest.html)

StruttinGobbler3 11-03-2008 08:16 AM

Zeiss Conquest???

Hey guys been looking to get a new scope lately. I've always been a diehard Leupold user, but i have a little extra cash laying around and its burning a hole in my pocket :Dso i figured i would invest in one of the more high end scopes just to see what the hypes about. now i can't afford a 1200 dollar swarovski or the zeiss diavari line, but anything between 800-900 i can handle. i've heard some really good things about the zeiss conquest, they say it outperforms leupold in every respect, especially low light. anybody use this scope, and if so, how do you like it? also i'd really be interested in how it stacks up against other scopes. thanks guys

WV Hunter 11-03-2008 08:45 AM

RE: Zeiss Conquest???

For the money, that scope can't be beat. Honestly, I don't see enough gain in the more expensive scopes over the Conquest for most hunters. You won't be disappointed.

redka 11-03-2008 09:28 AM

I bought one(3X9X40), and compared it to my Leupold VXlll at dusk. The Zeiss is a little bit clearer than the Leupold. Glad I got it.

StruttinGobbler3 11-03-2008 10:03 AM

thanks for the replies guys. how tough is it? i know i haven't had to adjust the zero on my leupold in four years and its been through some rough treatment. can a zeiss hold up to abuse pretty well?

hossdaniels 11-03-2008 02:53 PM

Some of the guys on the savage muzzleloading board have busted luepolds on hotrod loads, no one has ever busted a conquest, with lots of tries. That said, luepold is very good about replacing busted scopes. A guess someone will have to figure out a way to break a zeiss before we can find out about the customer service. I am a burris/nikon man myself, no point in spending all that money to me. I believe the burris fullfield II is the best $200 I ever spent! Ask me again in 20 yrs and I will know for sure.

Mojotex 11-03-2008 02:56 PM

Ihave Leupold Vari-X III's and a few high dollar Swarovski,Khales and Zeiss scopes. I put a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 mm on a ML prior to the 2007 season. It was wellworth the $$$. Comparing well with the above.In my opinion, it is crisper than the Vari X III 3.5-10X 50 mm I have.

retrieverman 11-03-2008 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

how tough is it?
I have a Conquest 4.5-14 on an Ultimate Firearms BP Xpress muzzleloader and have repeatedly shot loads with 200 grs Pyrodex, and the scope has never needed any adjustment in 3 years. My son has a Conquest 4.5-14 on his Encore 270, and it has NEVER needed adjusting since it was mounted 5 years ago.

Tough? Yes.

On the other side of the coin, if you have $800-900 to spend, I know where a Swarovski A series 4-12 is for sale for $750. I have a A series 3-9 and LOVE it. I have several Conquests and prefer the Swarovski hands down.

7VALLEYS 11-04-2008 07:12 AM

I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5 - 14 on my Kimber 300 wsm and I love it. Granted it only sees the outdoors on the annual Colorado Trip but it's clear, crisp, and so far flawless.