Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER >

PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER

Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER

ORIGINAL: Mossy_71

DD,

Let me dissect a quote from theoriginal post by Bull Byder.

"He is constantly riding the roads, if he sees one of our trucks he pulls over and starts shooting a shotgun or a 22 rifle, to try to mess us up."

It appears that the elderly gentleman (how's that for respect) is driving a "PUBLIC" road or else Bull is at fault for riding and parking onthe internal road system on the elderly gentleman's property and obviously hunting the man's land. In the state I live, and I assure you most every state, it is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public road, regardless of where any city limits are posted. Case in point, here in Alabama you can be fined for hunting within so many yards (forgive the fact that I don't know the specifics) of a public road even if stand faces in the opposite direction. You can ask one of the guys I referenced in my original reply...they were fined.
[ul][/ul]
And now, in regards to your reply to me:

Respect?

Maybe I should have phrased my response a little differently. I give everyone, younger or older, that I meet respect.What you do with that respect is up to you and you have to earn the upkeep (for a lack of better terms). I'm a "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me" king of person. People make mistakes, and I am a forgiving person to a degree. I have never allowed a person to walk all over me, and that does not make me a bad person.
[ul][/ul]

Upbringing?

I have had one of the best upbringings a person could have. My father is--and has been--an ordained Assembly of God (Pentecostal) minister since before I was born. I was raised in a very loving home, where I have been taught the best of morals and values. I have seen my dad turn the proverbial other cheek to the point that I could have done some bodily harm to the people that caused it. I have seen him give his shirt off of his back to help someone in need, even to the point that his own family has gone without. This is the man that I look up to and strive every second of my life to be like.
[ul][/ul]

"How can the land owner be guilty of harassment if he is on his OWN land? Please enlightn (sic) me.

Gladly! Hewas apparently on a public road when the "harassment" took place.You are making this rebuttal so easy.
[ul][/ul]
He has the right to ride where he wants and shoot when and where he wants (except hunting out of season) as long as he is outside the city limits and on his own property.

Agree, except as stated earlier... a public road does not constitute private property. It is owned by the state, county, city, etc. So, shooting from a public road--evenif that road divides your property--is illegal in most if not all states. Sorry, try again.
[ul][/ul]
Hell using YOUR anology (sic) every red neck (sic) in the south (sic) would be breaking the law...
[ul][*]Exactly, that is why the elderly gentleman is at fault given the circumstances provided by Bull.[/ul]
The guy that is the land owner next to us is one of those classic (jackass) im sure some of you have run across. This dude is a pill. He lives on his property as well so he is there all the time,And to make matters worse he is in his 70's and will not talk to us at all. He is constantly riding the roads, if he sees one of our trucks he pulls over and starts shooting a shotgun or a 22 rifle, to try and mess us up. this guy hunts during the week when we arnt there. he has a food plot on the property line that he hunts alot and we have been thinking about doing something to get back at him but really dont want to escalate anything, or mess up our hunting along that property line. been thinking about spreading human hair troughout his plot,or something like that. We want the satisfaction of knowing we got the upper hand on him,but dont want him to know. personally would love to whoop that tail for him,but him being and old man and the fact of paying hospital bills and going to jail just dont make good sense. What would you do.

Mossy just for the record I lived over 50 years in Huntsville Alabama ....no where in his post do I see the word "public" road mentioned ...he very well may mean riding field roads that run on his property ...however if it is public roads then you have a point but again he does NOT say that .... he does mention that their property joins one another so actually he could be riding field roads doing all this shooting .... as for RESPECT this older gentleman just might be a vetran from WW2 or the Viet Nam war or he might be a retired police officer or maybe a farmerin either case he most likely HAS earned respect ...as for your religious up bringing Ill not quote any scripture that pertains to respecting ones elders Im sure you already know them ... its what you do with them that count.

dd
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 PM

DD,

By the way...I like your signature. I am a big fan of PB myself, love the stuff.

PB and jelly sandwich
PB and banana (with or without the bread)
PB and bread
PB and crackers
PB on a spoon
etc.....
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 PM

How about PB with Crow?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 PM

Never eaten crow...how does it tatse?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Let me start by saying if i was doing something illegal i wouldnt have posted the thread to start with, that wouldnt make sense. Second everybody has my respect, until I am disrepected. I have tried to wave the old man down to talk be he keeps on driving, and im not going to his home to talk about something he is doing to me,then he could turn the table on me saying i come into his yard harrassing him. Both of us has been adoining land owners for years,and we kept cows on OUR property beside him and now the cows are gone we are going to hunt OUR property. The bottom line is he dosent want us hunting there,I guess for the reason he thinks we are cutting him off. I havent had to deal with problems like this and just wanted some imput, and I appreciate the replys. And we are all human and think of bad or mean things to do in retaliation to people but that doesent mean we will do it(it just sounds good cause you are mad). We will get this resolved one way or another.Please go and vote tommorow And remember OBAMA wants your guns,money,and everything else you own.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:19 PM

Must be in denial. Taste like chicken.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Respect? I would thank him for his service. But in the issue at hand, what does that haved to do with the price of tea in China. Laws are laws, if he were a retired Police Officer I would expect him to know the laws he once enforced. If a veteran,I would hope he would live by the rights he fought for. If a farmer, he should be glad that the guys who hunt the adjoining property are helping decrease the number of mouths that are eating his crop year-in, year-out.

No need to quote scriptures...I know them as stated. I also know Leviticus 19:18which states "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM

Good to know...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM

BB you stated that you both have been ajoining land owners for years and you have never met this man? That just isn't normal. Sounds like hunting just isn't going to be fun and relaxing untill this is resolved. good luck I hope it turns out ok.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Bull Byler

Let me start by saying if i was doing something illegal i wouldnt have posted the thread to start with, that wouldnt make sense. Second everybody has my respect, until I am disrepected. I have tried to wave the old man down to talk be he keeps on driving, and im not going to his home to talk about something he is doing to me,then he could turn the table on me saying i come into his yard harrassing him. Both of us has been adoining land owners for years,and we kept cows on OUR property beside him and now the cows are gone we are going to hunt OUR property. The bottom line is he dosent want us hunting there,I guess for the reason he thinks we are cutting him off. I havent had to deal with problems like this and just wanted some imput, and I appreciate the replys. And we are all human and think of bad or mean things to do in retaliation to people but that doesent mean we will do it(it just sounds good cause you are mad). We will get this resolved one way or another.Please go and vote tommorow And remember OBAMA wants your guns,money,and everything else you own.
Bull, you sound like a reasonable guy. I would go right to his house and talk to him. Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Tomorrow...McCain.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS WITH BORDERING LAND OWNER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.