Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ultimate Scrape Dripper Spooked >

Ultimate Scrape Dripper Spooked

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ultimate Scrape Dripper Spooked

Old 11-02-2008, 07:01 AM

Default Ultimate Scrape Dripper Spooked

I hung an ultimate scrape dripper out a few days ago and went in and hunted on Saturday morning,After sitting there a couple of hours I heard something behind me and looked and saw the butt end of my buck running away (winded me). I'm very new to hunting.So my question is how long after this do I need to wait to go back out and hunt the scrape dripper?Or do I need not worry about hunting that area anymore?
Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Banned

Default RE: Ultimate Scrape Dripper Spooked

He may have winded you but you need to get your butt back out there. Make sure you cover your scent up. Put your hunting clothes in a trash bag and throw in some dirt discs. Don't chew gum, smoke or anything like that. He'll come back.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Another newb question! If the deer comes in from 1 direction in the morning does that mean it will come from the other direction in the evening.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

ARACING- If he hasn't been spooked he should use the same trail coming back i've seen that happen more than once.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:43 AM

Alright went back out there last night.He spotted me again (rookie mistake) blowed and ran about 50 feet then stopped and blowed again.He stood there for awhile and looked then he slowly walked off.So do I hunt there again or is that spot ruined?Plus I never moved so as not to spook him more.The next time I could hunt there would be Saturday morning.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

He was winding you. Get in nearlier and play the wind w/ your stand. He knew the scent wasn't right, but could not see you. I would let it go for a couple days and hit it this weekend . get in and don't leave forlunch, nothing!!Stay put.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

here recently i have been very careful about my scent use to id be like o well ill be okay.... but if you to kill a big one you cant do that!!! before i evern think about starting to walk to my spot i heavily spray my boots, clothes, bags, and bow down with anything that will give me away scent wise!! you cant get it all but hey get whatcha can ya know!! hope this helps