Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

first buck

Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: first buck

A very big CONGRATS remingtonshooter on your harvest! You wont forget it.

ORIGINAL: pkarp23

god damn you shot my dog. what did that weigh dressed? 40lbs? I believe even if its your first some self control should be used especially with gun
Sack punch for you.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Banned

Ijust stated my opinion like all of you guys did. Thats what makes America great, wecan allhave our own view. My doe was with bow first off so thats totally different then with gun and the doe dressed out to be 115 pounds.(2.5 years old according to the butcher)Yes, you can legally shoot that but some self control should be used when hunting. Not using self control is called being a SLOB HUNTER.

Stating an opinion is one thing, acting like an a$$ is another. Self control has nothing to do with the size of deer. Self control has to do with keeping some things to yourself.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

He is 14. Holy **** do you make fun of 12 year old girls with braces too.

Congrats on the deer bud, my first bow kill wasa button buck and I was 20.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

I second the sack punch idea!!!! If he is never able to re-create that will be a few less jerks walking around this world!!!! Be proud remington!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your first deer, be PROUD. Some people wont even get a deer this year, youre already WAY ahead of them
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just stated my opinion like all of you guys did. Thats what makes America great, we can all have our own view. My doe was with bow first off so thats totally different then with gun and the doe dressed out to be 115 pounds.(2.5 years old according to the butcher) Yes, you can legally shoot that but some self control should be used when hunting. Not using self control is called being a SLOB HUNTER.

With a beginning hunter and especially a young person, I think we need to use a different standard of self-control here. The standard needs to be that he got his deer safely without endangering anyone, that he did it legally, and that he exercised the patience and self-control to not scare the deer, blow the shot, etc.

I think our young hunter did all of those things, so be careful about criticizing. It could ruin hunting for him and that hurts all of us. He's got a reason to be grinning from ear to ear. This young man has just made a major step in learning to hunt. Let him be proud. ANY safely taken and legal deer for a young beginner is a cause to celebrate. It's much better to congratulate him for what he did right and gently encourage him to improve--say setting a goal of a forkhorn or better next year.

Again, congratulations to remingtonshooter1 on your deer. You might start thinking about next year and what your goals will be to be a better a hunter. What deer will you take and what will you pass on? You don't have to decide now, of course, but it's something to consider befpore next season. Also, what you need to do better your hunting abilities in the offseason? May many more deer fall to your gun.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on your first buck man. You'll remember him. Heck I know some hunters that would love to have gotten him. Like someone else said, you're up on them. Congrats.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: arrow2512

23 What kind of remark is that it's his first deer , he can be proud of that deer. Kids should Always start out with a doe or button buck other wise if they shoot a big buck they my become discouraged if they can't get one bigger next time or the following year. So again remingtonshooter1 be proud of you buck and don't let people like that tell you other wise..
Here ! Here! Way to go kid!! Congrats on your first deer buddy!!! Wasnt sure how old you were but you did look young...anyhow be proud of your first deer!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:24 AM

Congrats! That'll be some great meat on the dinner table. My proudest buck was one about the size of yours as well.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first deer! I was taught when I started hunting to shoot the first legal deer I see, after your first deer to try to go bigger everytime. No one should make fun of a first deer, it is something you'll remember the rest of your life. Congrats again, he'll be great eating.

I second that sack punch and any guy who makes fun of someones first deer has about the same respect on this website as the guy who comes in and makes posts trying to sell Nike shoes!!

Quick Reply: first buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.