Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

first buck

Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: first buck

ORIGINAL: pkarp23

god damn you shot my dog. what did that weigh dressed? 40lbs? I believe even if its your first some self control should be used especially with gun
you need to be kicked off this site. you are an *******. the kid is proud of his first deer and your downing him because of it. it is legal for him to shoot any deer he wants to so back off you ******
Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Spike

Hey man congrats on your first, you'll never forget it, Hey thats just wrong for people tomess with him,in some placesdeer dont get any bigger than that because of jackers and poor deer management..... Anyways GREAT job
Old 11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, I've hunted for 11 years, taken deer in 6 states, and even got some nice ones... But I still shoot button bucks if they give me a good shot at least until the freezer gets full enough for me to be selective.

Hunting is very personal and means different things to different people. That's one of the reasons why the sport is so great.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

im only 14 not 18 or 20
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

good job bud! theres nothing wrong in what you shot, be proud of it. there is alot of people who dont even get a chance at shooting any deer during their season. my first deer was a yearling doe and i evenmounted it! some people laughed, but it was my acomplishment and i worked hard for it, congrats brother, your on the board!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

23 What kind of remark is that it's his first deer , he can be proud of that deer. Kids should Always start out with a doe or button buck other wise if they shoot a big buck they my become discouraged if they can't get one bigger next time or the following year. So again remingtonshooter1 be proud of you buck and don't let people like that tell you other wise..
Old 11-02-2008, 06:25 PM

Ijust stated my opinion like all of you guys did. Thats what makes America great, wecan allhave our own view. My doe was with bow first off so thats totally different then with gun and the doe dressed out to be 115 pounds.(2.5 years old according to the butcher)Yes, you can legally shoot that but some self control should be used when hunting. Not using self control is called being a SLOB HUNTER.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Its his first deer. Let him alone. People like you make me sick. I mean instead of saying good job and congratuating this kid you have to put him down. I just dont get it.
Dont worry about that guy bud, you should be proud of that deer. Congrats.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:37 PM

tim03b, I can say what ever I wanna say and people like you make me sick praising a person that shot a deer that weighs less then a coyote. I love killing deer dont get me wrong but that is rediculous. I would really like to know what it weighed dressed out.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a button head today, it may have weighed 65 pounds field dressed... It was bigger than the doe I got with my bow earlier this season.

I don't know about you, but my time is limited, and my land ain't all that great. I've got plenty of self control, just not enough meat in the freezer to dedicate my limited time in the field to hunting only antlered giants just yet. Last year I only had one shot opportunity all season. Sometimes you just have to make the best of the few opportunities you have.

Quick Reply: first buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.