HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Another same deer thread... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/270960-another-same-deer-thread.html)

Siman08/OH 10-31-2008 08:22 AM

Another same deer thread...

I got this picture last year,

Notice the way the antlers curve forwards.

I got this picture this morning,

His antlers curve forwards too, im pretty sure its the same buck with the addition of a droptine and some kickers. The pictures were taken less then 200 yards apart on the same rubline almost exactly a year apart. This also makes me think this buck may only be 3.5 years old, and 4.5 at the oldest.

Siman08/OH 10-31-2008 10:17 PM

RE: Another same deer thread...

bump

mondoman86 10-31-2008 11:52 PM

He does look similar, but The first pic looks like a 2 1/2 year old deer, and the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old antler growth doesn't usually add all of the junk He grew the next year. I would lean towards a different deer. I would say the first deer will just be a bigger 8 point by the way the antlers looked. Truthfully looking at it again the second deer looks like it could be a 2 1/2 year old. If it is and doesn't get shot... Man that thing would be huge next year.:D

Siman08/OH 11-06-2008 06:06 AM

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

He does look similar, but The first pic looks like a 2 1/2 year old deer, and the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old antler growth doesn't usually add all of the junk He grew the next year. I would lean towards a different deer. I would say the first deer will just be a bigger 8 point by the way the antlers looked. Truthfully looking at it again the second deer looks like it could be a 2 1/2 year old. If it is and doesn't get shot... Man that thing would be huge next year.:D
If he makes it that far ;)

timbercruiser 11-06-2008 06:17 AM

I don't see anything that would make me think that it is the same deer. Could be, but there should be a number of bucks in the same general area.

Bocajnala 11-06-2008 10:02 AM

I dont think so either. That would be adding alot
-Jake

appleater25 11-06-2008 10:06 AM

Probably not the same deer but could very easily be from the same gene pool.

jrbsr 11-06-2008 10:09 AM

The second buck looks a little younger.
So it looks like you have a couple of really nice bucks to aim at.

Good Luck.

tjlindho 11-06-2008 10:16 AM

Proble not the same deer. There are significant simularities, but i have shot two deer on two seperate years and the horns look like carbon copies except the one is a year older.

loganw 11-06-2008 10:21 AM

They look a lot alike, but I don;t think they are the same deer. I would guess that they have some of the same genetics.