Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand? >

Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand?

I guess I'm not as crazy about sitting still for hours as some people so I was wondering if any of you use your phones to text or surf the web on while sitting in a stand. Obviously on silent mode. Can deer still hear you press buttons even when they don't make noise or is it pretty okay to use them to text or surf the web or play a game or whatever as long as you have the sound off?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand?

i would not, it would eat up your battery. keep on silent. you may needed it you get a deer or get a call. I know cell phone are part of life. if your in a stand. consider it a safety issue as well. just my .02
Old 10-31-2008, 03:01 AM

I use mine all the time in the stand. I spent all yesterday morning texting the gfwhyle i was in the woods. I know i can get 2 days use out of a battery and im hunting right around the corner from home.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use mine all the time as well, I make very very few phone calls, I text alot on stand my phone of course is on silent, not a sound
Old 10-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Last year, I called a co-worker in another state from my office in the middle of the week. He answered with a whisper. After a minute of tech talk I asked him where he was. He whispered, "I'm in my tree stand." I said, "Why did you answer the phone?"
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have played a game on my old phone before. But only when I get realy tired to keep me awake. Never text but I normaly don't do much oof that anyway. Got a new phone now and have no games on it so thats out for this year. I'll probably take my Ipod nano because it has a couple games on it.

When I do play them I spend alot of time looking around and then back to the game, then back around. Like I said it just keeps me awake.

I have had the wife call me while I was out and I had forgot to silence it. [:@]
Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 AM

No. A cell phone would ruin the total hunting experience for me....I do carry mine with me in case of an emergency.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never use a cell phone when I am in a stand. It only takes a split second to miss a chance at a buck of a lifetime. I sure as hell don't want to be texting or talking on the phonewhen a giant steps out. I don't text anyway. If I want to tell someone something, I'll call them. I do carry a cell phone with me while hunting. You never know what can happen in the woods, so it's a good idea to have one in case you get hurt or lost.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:48 AM

I always use my phone while im in the stand, at least when it's light out...dont want them to see the light up in the tree...i never talk either...just text, usually the other guys i know that are out hunting.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea i usually text from my stand, ive never been busted for it and ive done it with deer in range.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a cell phone while in a stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.