Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I passed on this buck.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I passed on this buck.

My last 2 bucks were 120's both 8 pointers. I have decided to passunless it is a 10 or better thisyear. I know they are out there. I think i rather take a doe then get another. My plan this year is take video of all the deer that pass my stand and hold out.May be i will have proof this year because i dont think anyone belives me that i see about 8-10 deer every morning and others in my group sometimes dont see anything.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would but I am 14 in Arkansas I don't see many deer bigger than 80 class my biggest was a 95 class 8 point.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Those kind of deer are tough too pass. I wish I had a picture of him, but I don't. Hopefully I can see him next year.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:57 PM

nice call!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Spike

I would have taken him and i am in Illinois....it would have been my first deer ever!!!....I did pass up a spike 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

This morning, I passed on a a nice 9 point this morning. He had a pretty tall rack. Another 2 1/2 year old. Seems like them small bucks are teasing me. I could have shot5 smaller bucks and those 2 nicer buckswithin the past 3 days, and it's only going to get better as the rut fully kicks in. I want theirgranddaddy to come in lol.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

here, anything over 100" is huge...so yes i would have shot him. if i was hunting an area that produces 160+" deer, than i would have passed on him.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Where we're at in Ohio, we have some big bucks. The biggest my dad or I saw this year was a 140 class typical. My dad couldn't get a shot at him because of a tree that blocked his chest, so he couldn't get the lung shot and then the buck turned and walked away and never gave him a shot. The biggest I saw was that 10 pointer. I just really hope he lives and the guys who hunt next to our property don't take him cause they'll shoot any buck that walks by. The good thing is they're not that good of hunters. They don't completely know what they're doing. They've told us some stories, and I'm just like ok why would you do that? I just hope that big buck walks out in front of me sometime over these next 2 weeks.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like you did the right thing.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

I know I did the right thing by passing these bucks, esp. since I'm on the management plan. Right now, I'm trying to take bucks that are 130 and up. Then, in like 2 years I'll go to 140 and up, then I'll probably switch to bucks based on their age. Just started this last year, so I'm just trying to let all the buck under 130 go right now.

Quick Reply: I passed on this buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.