HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What Hunting magazines would you recommend? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/270917-what-hunting-magazines-would-you-recommend.html)

wildchild04 10-30-2008 09:27 PM

What Hunting magazines would you recommend?

I only hunt deer, by rifle and Bow.

I currently subscribe to Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine, which I'm happy with... but wondering if you would recommend other good magazines?

I also read Outdoor Life and Field & Stream.

Right now, I'd say I'm leaning toward either Bowhunter, North American Whitetail, or Bowhunting Magazine.

Wall_Hanger 10-30-2008 09:37 PM

RE: What Hunting magazines would you recommend?

They are all good material when you are on the can, but if you are looking for specific magazines to give you informative opinions...well then you might as well draw from a hat because they are all part of the media whether you want to admit it or not.

uncle matt 10-30-2008 11:47 PM

Deer & Deer Hunting. That is all you need.

gregrn43 10-31-2008 12:53 AM

I like north american whitetail

A11en 10-31-2008 02:26 AM

The best magizing out there is the RMEF magizing. But if you're primarily a deer hunting -I like peterson's HUNTING mag.

Mossy_71 10-31-2008 06:27 AM

North American Whitetail; join QDMA and get their Quality Whitetails magazine. These two are my favorites.

timbercruiser 10-31-2008 06:44 AM

Another vote for the Quality Deer Hunting Association magazine. Lots of good information about habitat, food plots, deer management, deer diseaseand other related issues.

Carpmaster 10-31-2008 07:12 AM

I think Bowhunter puts some good issues out....other than that I recommend your states publications.

superstrutter 10-31-2008 07:12 AM

North American Whitetail is the only one I subscribe to. I like to read about the actual hunts of averageevery day people killing giant bucks.

RockinChair 10-31-2008 07:14 AM

Most everyone has said it all: Deer and Deer Hunting an Quality Whitetails are hands down the best, Bowhunting or Bowhunting World makes a good magazine as does Bowhunters (the three just mentioned may all be the same, actually). Also- Buckmasters is a good read, not so much for the credibility of information, just a good magazine to have around camp to read all the success stories.