Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hard decision about deer season and my second love >

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

well i was having this problem too. i just finished my football season and am lookin forward to my deer season. But i also made a decision that this would be my last year playin football. I have played it for 6+ years now and have gotten to where i dont enjoy as much anymore. So my decision was deer season. But do what you want.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Play Ball!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 AM

I would give anything to be able to play sports again...now im just too damn busy to do anything else but work and college...enjoy life while u can...beat the hell outa them
Old 10-30-2008, 07:15 AM

We won 4 state titles and I wouldn't trade ay of them for anything. Play ball hunt later!!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't even read all the replies, but they all seem to have the same thought process....play. The reason we can see it so clearly is because we have moved past where you are now. I never played football, but I dod play baseball and basketball. I don't miss basketball that much, but I still dream of the "good ole days" of my high school playing career. I'd give just about anything to go back and play one more time.......don't even think of not playing. You play that game with all you've got left in you, cause it's what you have shed blood, sweat and tears all these years for. Finish it with nothing left and I promise, you'll never regret it. Skip it, or play half heartedly and you'll regret it for a long time. You just have no idea how much you can cherish a thing until it's taken away.[]

GH
Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Well I played college ball and i did miss deer hunting but i would go back and play high school and college again if I had the chance. So if I was you I would finish high school out with a bang and play some college ball not that many people can say that they played college football. You can deer hunt on your bi week and any other time you can. If you are like me I was coming home and hunting on Sundays until football was over. Good luck and I'm sure you will make the right choice.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

hey all you guys thank you for all the advice, tips, and insperation. I played my last game thursday, it was against the reigning state champs. i probably broke a few ribs, damaged my hamstring, and can hardly walk. i played my heart out for my team and left it all between the white lines. i led the team that night in receptions. but sadly we lost. the lsat play of the game my QB threw a hail mary up to me in the enzone. it got picked off and the game was over. i dropped to my knees and cried so hard. i so wish my team could've won. i'm gonna miss it. but thank you all so very much for the words of wisdom. i hope you all have a great season this year. good luck
Old 11-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Spike

I don't know how many high schools there are in your state but believe when I say that most college coaches (both in- and out-of-state) and recruiters do not have time to properly scout every high school player on every team in any state. A "quick and dirty" way to best use their time is to wait until a team and its players reach the state pay-off level. These are the best teams (and evidence teamwork) and players (individual abilities and talent) in the state.

As others have advised, so would I, play ball, win each game and go to state where you should play your heart out for yourselve, your team, your teammates, your school, your community and, maybe, your future college career.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:56 AM

Great memories are made up of once in a life time events. Play ball and I think you will not regret it. Deer hunting? Well, I've have a life time of memories. Missing one season won't make a difference.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

You simple MUST play ball my friend. It is your obligation. You are a part of a team. There are people counting on you.

I don't want to sound mean but you are being selfish. Although you are a senior,graduating and moving on - there are other juniors, sophs and maybe freshman who will continue to play for the team in coming years. Not only should youset an example for them to follow and give 100% of your ability but like you said -you might win against a tough team. What if it is a very close lossand the reason is they overpowered your position or something like that but you were out deer hunting?

Get yer butt to practice and hit that game field harder than you ever did before! TEAR IT UP! Like those other guys said I'd give a nut too.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.