Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hard decision about deer season and my second love >

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hard decision about deer season and my second love

I play high school football and it is my senior year, i made the decision not to go on to college ball due to my major was not available at the schools that have offered. So this thursday is maybe one of my last games ever, we play a tough team but we might have a chance of winning. If we win we go to the state play offs, if we lose my football career is over. I want to play football as long as possible, but the longer we go the less deer hunting i do. all i've done this fall is hang tree stands and scout, bow season has gone for almost a month now and i haven't done anyhting. this decision is so hard for me to do, i will always have hunting but i love it so much i want to do it now. but i will never play organized football ever again if we lose this thursday. what would you do?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Well I'm a junior now in college and I thought about playing college football and decided at the last minute that i would enjoy getting to be a fan and enjoy deer season but high school football is different. You will miss football like crazy when its over and you will always have deer season, winning a state championship is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity so deer season can wait. Our high school team made it to the playoff and all i was focused on was going further in the playoffs but once its over you can devote all that time to deer season.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy, you can deer hunt the rest of your life. This is possibly the last time you will suit up for a game. Believe you me, I've been graduated for 10yrs now and I miss it terribly. I would love to take the field one more time. Cherish this moment because you won't get these days back. A few years from now you will understand what I'm saying.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

They are all right!!! Hunting will be in ur life for the rest of ur life!! i won a football state championship in highschool and it was the best time of my life!! trust me u will miss it when its gone!! good luck!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

They are all right, you will have hunting forever but high school and everything that comes with it only happens once in your life. Enjoy and take full advantage of what you have before you right now. There will be plenty of years of hunting ahead of you. Live for the moment.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can deer hunt the rest of your life, man. Play ball and don't look back!

When I was your age the coach begged me to be on the team, I picked hunting instead... Trust me, hunting seasons come and go, but high school football comes only once a lifetime.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Play ball! You might never step on that fielkd again in pads, it is something you will take with you and your friends forever. It is a commitment you made to yuor teamates, your coach and your school that is to be fulfilled. It is a commitment your family has made in supporting your footbal carreer that you must fulfill. It will be part of your growth to manhood and learning that sometimes the things we want have to be set on hold in order to do the things people depend on us for. Play Ball and sorry about the Joe Paterno speech.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Spike

I'd give my left nut to be able to put the pads on one more time. The deer will be there, dude. Enjoy this experience while you can.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

dude dont be silly, play ball........... you will wish you could again someday like the rest us washed up high school starssss
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Spike

What decision do you have to make? I see only one option, play your heart out and try to win the game for you team.

Is there actually another option that I am not seeing here?

Quick Reply: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.