Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand? >

Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand?

I'm curious how many people drink warm beverages while deer hunting. It seems very counterintuitive to me focus so much on scent control and then drink coffee. Both the smell of the coffee itself and the way it affects our breath both seem unproductive.

What do you do and why?
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand?

i drink warm APPLE CIDER
Old 10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: remingtonshooter1

i drink warm APPLE CIDER
There's something that never crossed my mind. Creative. I like it.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i drink gatorade and water.

i dont like coffee nor do i like chocolate so thats the only reason i dont drink that

i find it hard to eat/drink in a stand as i cant seem to find enough room to do so. only time i really take time to eat/drink is when im in a box tree stand
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM

I have never drank warm apple cider while hunting, but i go through a hundred gallons of apple juice during any given huntin season.

Occassionally I will have some hot chocolate on the way to the hunt, but it's usually Dr. Pepper. That's my caffeine.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

If you're someone who drinks non-water beverages in the deer stand, how does that fit with your efforts at scent control?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Before the sun comes up, A nice thermos of coffee. It keeps me warm until the sun comes up and the fun begins. I never started drinking coffee until a few years ago when I entered my mid 20's, now its an essential when I hunt. Once the day wears on, usually gatorade or some apple juice. Im not too concerned about the scent. Ive had near with 20 yards of me when I was in a ground blind and had my coffee sitting on my stand and I didn't get a reaction. Im usally done with it all right after the sun comes up. Maybe its me, but I believe coffee still has a natural smell that the deer don't mind too much. Just my .02.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:02 AM

I don't always, but sometimes do drink coffee. Sometimes I'll have it back at the truck after the morning sit, but on those fridgid days I will have some on stand.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

I usually dont drink on stand, but have taken an Engery Drink with me in the afternoons...I am a hard candy guy....werthers originals...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: fastetti

Before the sun comes up, A nice thermos of coffee. It keeps me warm until the sun comes up and the fun begins. I never started drinking coffee until a few years ago when I entered my mid 20's, now its an essential when I hunt. Once the day wears on, usually gatorade or some apple juice. Im not too concerned about the scent. Ive had near with 20 yards of me when I was in a ground blind and had my coffee sitting on my stand and I didn't get a reaction. Im usally done with it all right after the sun comes up. Maybe its me, but I believe coffee still has a natural smell that the deer don't mind too much. Just my .02.
I'm gonna have to agree with fastetti on this one. The hot apple cider in a previous post is a pretty good idea too. I'm gonna have to try some to see if I even like it.

Quick Reply: Do you drink coffee/hot chocolate/etc on stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.