Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe Bleat Can?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Bleat Can?

anyone have any luck using a 'Doe Bleat Can'? I bought one this year to get my blood down about hunting. i'm so hyped i feel like ive been drinking green tea all day.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Doe Bleat Can?

I have used one from time to time. I have called in a doe once, she walked up five ft behind me and scared the crap out of me. I was hunting on the ground and didnt expect the reaction I got out of her
Old 10-26-2008, 11:39 PM

The Great Big Can worked for me.. Good luck
Old 10-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had much better success calling deer with a bleat can than I ever did with a grunt call.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

I've had much better success calling deer with a bleat can than I ever did with a grunt call.
Same here. In my 26 years of whitetail hunting Ive used grunt callshundreds of times trying to pull out of range bucks in withminimal response especially when they are looking for a hot Doe. Once I really started using bleat cans a few years ago, in almost every case the bleat can has at the very least stopped the buck, and most cases Ive had them stop and start to come in. I used the Primos cans for years but have since been using Grand C Calls "Hot Mama" when I saw their cans and calls at a show. The sound that comes out of this can is amazing, it doesnt hang up or sound like its studdering, and no air hole to cover up. Best bleat can Ive used to date.

http://www.grandccalls.com/Predator.htm
Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the can call, and have had great sucess with it.

If I see an out of range buck, I'll grunt a few times...then turn the can over a couple times. It sets up a scenario that a buck is on a hot doe. That's the trick that has worked for me...more so that using the grunt tube and the can separately.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

I had a buck come in last year at about 50 yrds. He then turned and started walking away, the way he came in. I used the bleat can, he threw his head up, turned around and walked straight back my way within 15 yrds. I know it allowed me to harvest him.
Chris
Old 10-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Very effective at getting their attention focused during any phase of the rut.....
Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

so far i have had no luck with "the can". the only positive reactions i have gotten from calling have been with a grunt tube.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

the can call works well, I have been able to stop bucks,and had a few come by, good luck

Quick Reply: Doe Bleat Can?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.